Chapter Fourteen: "WE KISSED?!"

Nobody's POV

"WHAT!"

"I KNOW!" Nino and Alya screeched in unison.

It was two days after Chat visited her and gave her a kiss on her balcony.

"Alya was filming Lila-um- Dr. Nightmare and she told me to look for you to make sure you were okay about Adrien and everything...and..." he trailed off gesturing to a photo of Chat Noir and her kissing in the rain on his phone.

Marinette blushed furiously. For one the position! He was on top of her with both hands pinned on the sides of her face. Second of all IT WAS A KISS?!? THEY HAD KISSED ON THE LIPS?!

This couldn't be real.

The worst part about the kiss is she wanted to be awake for it. She wouldn't to feel his body pressed on top of her.  His breath fanning her neck... The way he would hold her...

Marinette never would have admitted it though.

She did want to know what it felt like though... Chat's lips against hers. The past times they had kissed it didn't work well... she forgot one of them and the other time it wasn't really a kiss... she was saving him.

She felt disgusted at herself. Luka had been gone for less than 96 hours. As soon as the miraculous ladybugs repaired everything, he spent the afternoon with his sister and mother before he left early with Jagged. Marinette sighed. She knew he wouldn't want to come back to Paris for a LONG time. She had texted him yesterday saying she hoped he would have a safe flight to lighten the mood. As far as she knew, he had left her on "read". She didn't blame him though.

Why didn't Chat say anything about this a couple of days ago when she woke up from her enchanted sleep?!

"WE-WE K-KISSED!?"

"I know dudette!" Nino said more excited than concerned.

Alya elbowed him in the ribs.

"Hey! I can't help it! Marinette is like a sister to me and she's with Chat Noir. As in THE CHAT NOIR?!"

"I am not with "THE CHAT NOIR!" Marinette hissed.

Adrien walked over to them curious. Marinette noticed him coming towards them and left quickly after. Saying something about how she forgot her backpack in the library even though it was clearly on her shoulders.

Adrien sighed. He woke up not feeling good already and Marinette was not talking to him...

Nino laughed. "Give her time dude. You may want to talk but honestly if I was in her position I don't think I would've even come to school."

Alya nodded.

"I know... I know... it's just that I have so many questions...? Is she really in love with me? I mean I always figured that she got nervous and stuttered with me because she thought I was intimidating or something..."

Both Alya and Nino exchanged looks.

"Well-sorta but like she's over you now. I mean she used to be crazy in love with you but- I'm like 90% sure she's done..?"

They stopped talking seeing Adrien's incredulous face.

"I mean she's WAY over you dude! I mean she's got herself a hot feline and-"🥵😏

"NINO" Alya jabbed him in the ribs.

"Oof-" Nino fell to the ground in melodramatic pain.

Adrien raised his eyebrows. Hot feline? They couldn't possibly mean-but then looked at the photo Alya was holding up of him, as Chat Noir, kissing Marinette. His eyes went wide. Shit. She saw that?! Oh god. This wasn't good for him. What was her reaction? Was she happy about this? Was she weirded out?

Adrien decided that that was a probably good time to visit Marinette and explain himself as Chat Noir. It would also be a perfect time to ask those questions... 

Right before he opened his mouth Kagami patted his shoulder needing to talk to him about something.

Alya and Nino left holding hands.

Author's POV

Kagami and Adrien talked. To summarize it because I'm a lazy author, she said that she wanted to break up.

She explained to Adrien that just because they had broken up she wasn't just gonna leave school or fencing. She worked hard to be there and she wasn't going to go away no matter how awkward. It was natural for her to be mad at Adrien. After everything on her first day of school?! It just made sense.

The funny thing is Kagami may have said that she was going to stay at school and in fencing there even after they broke up, but the next day she had left and claimed to have moved to London...

Nobody's POV

Kagami soon left. Kagami was gone. He had just broken up with his first girlfriend. He stayed planted on the ground in disbelief. He cared about Kagami and never meant to hurt her this bad. Sure he had undecided and confusing feelings for Marinette but- He never meant to hurt Kagami this bad.Plagg came out of his bag trying to lighten his mood.

"On the bright side YOU'VE burned all of your bridges with your past girlfriends. Y'know Lila, Ladybug, Kagami... Now you can move on to Marinette! Mr. Player!"

"I wasn't dating Lila or Ladybug, Plagg!"

Adrien sighed. She deserved better. He hoped in time that Kagami and him would be good friends some day.

Plagg grinned and said, "You know we could blow off school and have an awesome heartbreaking cheese fest!"

"Thanks Plagg, but I'll stick to class for now. Besides I'm not feeling too well... as it is..."

Just then he heard Marinette and Alya come out of class.

"You kissed Chat Noir two days ago Girl!!! How could you not tell me!" Alta whispered to Marinette accusingly.

"I was unconscious! I didn't know he kissed me until you showed me that-" Marinette whisper-yelled back.

"Marinette. From what Nino told me... when he saw the two of you... um... he looked willing to kiss you or well... he looked like he wanted to kiss you- I guess."

"I- look Chat Noir is not in love with me. This is me we're talking about here! Do you really think a superhero would ever be in love with a clumsy nobody like me!?"

At that point Adrien had heard enough.  If the girls were paying attention they would have heard from the shadows: "Plagg Claws Out!"

-End of Chapter 14-