Chapter Fifty: Plummeting Towards The Dark

(A/N: Thank you all for the support and taking the time to read this story. It truly means the world to me. As finals approach at my school this month, I will try and post somewhat consistently. Be on the lookout for updates on Tuesday or Friday (or both if I can try!)

Nobody's POV

Marinette's head and body tensed up when she heard Lila's voice. Then again, it was already tense from hearing Luka's.

Wasn't Luka in America with Jagged Stone? What was going on? And why on earth was Li-

Marinette froze. Before she had gotten her memories back she had made plans to work on her art project with Lila this weekend.

Shit. She had totally spaced. And now, she would be working with the person who had brought her to her demise.

Lila's POV

Right when things were going well and I didn't think that that bratt could get in my way anymore, it seemed that she had bounced right back.

Don't forget that I, Lila Rossi, had been the one to defeat Ladybug or- Marinette and bring her miraculous to Hawkmoth. Clearly, things had changed. I was thinking about ways to manipulate the timid girl before me when I got a call from Gabriel saying that Marinette had gotten her memories back.

Of course, I had to take part in his plan. I had the perfect excuse to be near Marinette, considering we had a project.... But... Things were going to get extremely messy now.

A smirk curled on my face as the new plan was beginning to form.

Nobody's POV

The four stood there in awe before Marinette and Adrien got off the elevator to join them.

Adrien didn't know who to be more cautious of. Lila was basically a snake in the ground and Luka, well-

Luka and Marinette did have something special. The only reason that Adrien or Chat Noir could even get near Marinette in the first place was because Adrien was in the picture. Did that idea still stand for Marinette?

Now that Luka was back, what does it mean-

His thoughts were cut off as he saw Marinette break away from him and awkwardly hug Luka. Luka laughed pulling her closer.

A low blush filled Marinette's cheeks as she hastily glanced over at Adrien.

Pulling away she asked, "Lula-ER-Luka! H-hi! Wh-what are you down here? I MEAN DOING* HERE!"

Luka laughed, "I came to see you. Jagged said that we should take a break from the album of works in America and come here."

Luka gave another chuckle. "He wanted me to come here and get my clarity. I haven't really been focused since I left you."

Marinette looked up at Luka in surprise.

He came back for her?

Her thoughts were interrupted by Lila, "Aww that's so adorable! You two are made for each other, don't you think so Adrien?" She prodded, with venom in her voice.

Adrien looked down clenching and unclenching his hands repeatedly, not knowing what to say. He came back all this way for her?

Marinette parted with Luka and strode back to Adrien.

An uncomfortable silence ripped between the three as Lila smirked. This was the definition of cruelty in a room. It could have been considered an asylum for her.

Marinette's POV

'Please someone say something!' I silently prayed.  I was frozen.  I had no idea what to do.

I could feel both Adrien and Luka's eyes piercing through me as I stood between them.

His gorgeous green and his sincere aqua, both pairs of eyes staring at me lovingly.

I couldn't help but feel hotter and hotter sick, almost. I tried to look down and focus on something to keep my head from spinning.

I should have noticed that someone else was doing the same thing as me, for Adrien collapsed on the ground hitting the back of the elevator doors.

"Adrien!" 

Nobody's POV

'Oh,' Lila raised her eyebrow, 'What's this?'

Luka and Marinette both ran down to his aid. As they were about to check his breathing, their hands collided. Her heart jumped at the contact.

Marinette gasped, before withdrawing her hand.

Lila bent down too, before Marinette slapped her hand away giving Lila a cold icy stare.

"Don't think I didn't forget what you did." Marinette spat out.

"Whatever do you mean?" Lila said innocently.

But not even Lila could predict what would happen next, for that night, the end, only one hero would be left standing.

That's when the floor of the elevator gave in, and the cart with all four of them went crashing. 

-End of Chapter 50-

(A/N: Sorry I know this is short and isn't that detailed but- finals are coming up and I wanted to put something out)  :(