Chapter Seventeen: Marinette Agreste

Previously:

Before kissing her on the forehead like he did when they were in school.

"Goodnight Princess."

"Goodnight Chat Noir."

TWO MONTHS LATER

Nobody's POV

Three months away from Marinette losing her memory, three months away from Chat becoming akumatized, and three months away from you all knowing what happened that led these events to occur.

It had been two months since Marinette had last talked to Chat Noir on her balcony.  Did he like her or was he just being charming? I mean Chat Noir thought she had a crush on him when her dad had gotten akumatized... Was it possible he was just feeding into that one fantasy? 

March and April had passed and it was now May.  The last months of school.  Ladybug and Chat Noir were back on good terms but Marinette wished that Chat had visited her in the last two months.  She liked getting to know him for him instead of having a tied down responsibility as Ladybug.

And a part of her wanted to relive the kiss that she had been unconscious for... But Chat Noir wasn't in love with her.  She had her chance with him plenty of times.  He wasn't coming back.

Adrien on the other hand, wasn't doing that well either.  He was glad to be on good terms with Ladybug, but he had also just gone through his first breakup. 

As far as Adrien and Marinette's relationship was... it was a little complicated... Marinette had told Adrien that he was just a friend to her but at one point was something else.  They had gone from good friends to peers in class.  She would give him a small wave or offer a smile but it wasn't the same.

But Chat Noir and Marinette...

After talking to Marinette on the balcony, no matter how much he wanted to visit her again he needed a break. He needed a break to focus on himself and get his feelings in order.  He didn't want to hurt anyone the way he hurt Kagami.

Sadly the day after Kagami had broken up with him she moved.  That probably wasn't a coincidence.  Last he checked she was in London.  He texted his cousin, Felix that if he ever saw her to say hi and be nice.  It's not too crazy.  Both Kagami and Felix's families are very wealthy and famous.  If she's in London they are bound to meet at some point. 

(A/N: I ship KagamiXFelix)

But let's not get off track here, after these two months, Adrien realized what he wanted and who he wanted to be with.  He had known since after New York-

He smiled. He knew who he wanted. Besides, didn't "Marinette Agreste" have a nice ring to it?

Both were in school when they were having these deep thoughts. 

He was brought back to earth when he heard Ms. Bustier called on him.  She had bags under her eyes.  She was 7 months due from having her baby and sleeping wasn't that comfortable for her.  These past few weeks she had been a little bit more... snappish..?

"Adrien!"

"Yes! Sorry Miss."

Ms. Bustier gave him an annoyed look but softened it, "Adrien is everything okay? You are usually so participating and diligent?"

"Yes! Sorry I guess I just zoned out... I'll pay more attention."

Ms. bustier nodded and went back to talking about their new ethics lesson. 

He wasn't gonna tell everyone that he was thinking about how Marinette should change her name from "Dupain-Cheng" to "Agreste."  The thought made him feel warm and just light as if he was in the clouds-

He began to feel lighter and lighter, only to realize that it wasn't his thoughts that were making him feel overheated and fuzzy.

He stood up shaking, grabbing his bag to exit and go to gym class.

Nino, followed concerned.  "Dude, you look kind of pale? Are you okay?"

This caught Alya and Marinette's attention as they went over to check on Adrien.

They were too late.  Adrien fainted a couple of seconds later.

-Le Time Skip-

Nobody's POV

Adrien woke up to the scent of the smell of vanilla fanning his face.

He was addicted to this scent and recognized it immediately. He slowly opened his eyelids to be met by a pair of bluebell eyes.  Of course her breath smelled perfect. 

Marinette noticed he was wide awake and squeaked before falling down.

It looked to Adrien that they were in the nurse's office. 

"Sorry." Marinette said, "I was just so concerned and then I heard you stir and I got excited ands well...". She trailed off.

Adrien was taken back for a moment.

"You didn't stutter." He observed.

Marinette raised her eyebrows, "Was I supposed to?"

"Anyways..." Marinette continued, " Alya and Nino went with the nurse to get more ice packs and file you a report... I'm sure they'll be back soon."

"WAIT! Stay!" Adrien exclaimed as he watched her get up and leave.  He had not been able to talk to Marinette in a while and it was killing him.

"I- uh... I really h-hate b-being alone... if you don't m-mind... »

"Look who's stuttering now." she stated and gave a nervous laugh.

They sat in silence for about two minutes.  Marinette kept on checking the door to see if someone was coming and Adrien couldn't help but admire her beauty.

"So...," Adrien said, trying to break the tension, "got a-any plans tonight?"

Marinette sighed. "Well... I was hoping I would get a visit from someone but I don't think they're gonna be visiting me again. I mean they haven't for months now... I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss them."

Adrien's heart broke.  Right when he was giving himself space to not hurt himself and Marinette he managed to hurt both of them.

His Princess had been waiting for him for what two months now?! His heart ached with guilt. He didn't think she'd care this much- He just wanted to make sure he was ready.  He wanted to make sure he was a better person for her but he was too late.  Shit.

Adrien gave a small smile at her and said, "don't give up hope yet.  See if they come visit you tonight. I got a feeling he will."

Marinette returned a smile back to him.

"I hope you're right."

Adrien was right, for that night, Chat would be visiting Marinette and that night would be full of surprises.

-End of Chapter 17-