Chapter Forty-Seven: When Luck Runs Out

Nobody's POV

Chat Blanc quickly slipped out of bed and returned to his own corridors. 

 He felt refreshed, even though he spent the whole night watching over and caring for Marinette's needs.  But then again, when he was with the girl he loved... he always felt alive.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Plagg drauled, once Adrien entered.

Chat Blanc paused... he definitely knew Plagg was pissed....

"What- do you mean..?" Adrien questioned. He didn't know where this was going.

"You left us alone for the whole night!"

"Well, no you were with me in my ring as Chat Blanc-"

"I'm not powering your suit anymore the akuma is!" Plagg hissed as Adrien dropped his transformation and fell on his bed.

"You would think that someone who has found out he's dying- would use what's keeping him alive, an akuma, for god's sakes! Would be more careful!"

"I don't get why you're getting so mad," Adrien trailed off.

"I'm mad because you're being selfish. We did what you asked! Tikki is now in the miracle box absolutely restless for the past 12 hours. Over and over again using her miraculous ladybugs FOR YOU! FOR YOU TO FIX MARINETTE- Marinette should've gotten her memories back so why do you keep sacrificing all of us! THE MIRACLE BOX IS STILL IN SHIT AND THIS IS BIGGER THAN THE TWO OF YOU, ITS BIGGER THAN ME AND TIKKI IF I'M BEING HONEST!" Plagg laughed.

"Don't you think I know that!" Adrien snapped back. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Do you, do you really know that! Because all you've been doing is flirting and kissing your girlfriend!"

"IT'S WHAT MARINETTE WOULD HAVE WANTED!" Adrien hissed back.

"No it's not. You're doing this for yourself and only yourself!" Adrien opened his mouth to protest but Plagg quickly cut him off, "Do you know how I know that?! I actually bothered to read Marinette's letter to you!" Plagg growled.

Adrien felt his bones go stiff. The day that Marinette lost her memory... She had given him a letter. It had "Kitty" written on it and the freshly forgotten Marinette gave it to him. He couldn't bear to read it so he didn't.

"That's what I thought. Kid... Look...She never wanted you to save her. She wanted you to move on with your life," Plagg said in a softer tone tossing him her letter.

Adrien never read it fully. He had always been too scared or too in pain to. And now Plagg was right. He had used his akuma's power so much that he and the butterfly would die in a week at the most-

He looked at the letter, took a deep breath and opened it.

————————-

Marinette woke up the next morning to find that Chat Noir or Adrien had disappeared. It's funny how fast she got back all of her memories in the one moment she needed to. Luck was definitely on her side. She smiled as she got out of bed in her pajamas and went downstairs to hear yelling from both Adrien and Gabriel.

Both stopped as they saw her walk through the door frame and sit patiently at the dining table. A server quickly bought her food and ran away again hoping that Gabriel wouldn't nitpick at the staff. He had a reputation to do that when he was stressed-or angry-

She gave a nervous fake smile at both of them before sitting down and digging into the fruit salad in front of her.

Marinette's POV

'I need to get Adrien alone and tell him all my memories have returned, completely-I think- Then I need to yell at him for not listening to my letter and then I need him to give me my miraculous so we can stop Adrien's father.'

The sentences repeated over and over again in my head. Adrien scooted two chairs down so he was next to me and not Gabriel. I knew his reasons but I still blushed a bit. Having ALL of my memories back was a bit of a head rush. I remember last night I couldn't go to sleep properly because of it-

Chat noticed and spent the whole night trying to calm me down.

Getting back your memories-how do I explain it... it's like a knife being stabbed straight through your skull. The pressure builds up and builds up and you feel this piercing sharp bang. And before you know it a memory is laid fresh in your mind.

This continued all night. Over and over again. At one point I was begging them to stop coming if I'm being honest-

Today was a bit of a lucky day for my lucky day if I was being honest. I for sure had all of my memories back. I know because I had no gaps.

Chat Noir is way more annoying now in my mind...

I looked at Adrien and froze a bit. I found unsettling dark circles under his eyes as if he had been crying.

Gabriel had stormed out not being able to be in the vicinity with Adrien any longer. I breathed out. This was my chance. He looked to be in his own head. Contemplating whatever he might have been- My hand found his and I gave him a tiny squeeze.

Adrien looked at me as I brought up his hand and I gave it a tiny kiss. He blushed red and so did I. I gave an infectious laugh. I can't believe I was lucky enough to date this boy or- or even have him in my life for that matter.

"I see you disobeyed me, Kitty." I giggled before taking another bite of my fruit salad.

His eyes lit up.

"Y-you know."

"I got all my memories back... you'll have to tell me how you did that-" I flirted, "you could pay me on a date tonight and the dance next week." I gave him a wink before picking up my stuff, and finishing my salad.

"Oh y-yeah sure..." I looked at him and giggled again. He was clearly in shock.

"I got back all of my memories last night-I think... and this morning I woke up and all the pieces fell into place." I said happily.

"Oh.. wow." Adrien looked down at his food. Trying to digest all the information.

"So..." I teased.

"So?"

"A date! Tonight!"

"Oh y-yeah of course! I-I could never miss dinner with the girl I love!" I laughed even harder at that. He was acting way too nervous to be flirting with me like Chat Noir at the moment

I smiled at him before kissing the top of his head and running out the door for work. I could feel his bewildered eyes on me wondering where my sudden burst of confidence had come from.

Little did both of us know that Gabriel and Nathalie were listening from the other side of the door frame. So much for the advantage of Gabriel not knowing that my memories were coming back....

-End of Chapter 47-