Chapter Forty-Four: The Butterfly Garden

⚠️Language Warning⚠️

Nobody's POV

Marinette  was mostly with Alya for the whole day.  This school was huge! And so overwhelming. She found the school comforting yet intimidating.  Marinette loved the change in scenery though.  Being in school with no adults, especially Gabriel, was much more relaxing.

After that night whenever she saw Gabriel she would try her hardest to stare away or would tense up when he talked to her.  

This was a major improvement.  She even met a nice girl in her art class named Lila.  She was so sweet and said that she knew Adrien on a personal level if she had any questions.

They even had an art project together, she would be coming over this weekend to work on the project with Marinette.

Adrien's POV

LUNCH! THANK GOD! Finally some time to spend with Marinette!  I hadn't seen her all day and it was torture.

Plagg was complaining in my bag.

"WHAT A STUPID LESSON!"

I rolled his eyes.  The lesson they had learned was the extinction of the dinosaurs.  Plagg did not take what the text said to kindly in class.

"Plagg someone's going to hear you hide!" I urged in panic.

"I FIND IT A DISGRACE-THE AUDACITY OF THAT TEACHER! WHAT SHE WAS TEACHING YOU WAS TOTALLY FALSE! AN ASTROID!? PAW-LEASE I DID THAT TO THE  DINOSAURS AND REMEMBER IT LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY!"

In my opinion I thought it was pretty interesting, we were still learning about ethics from last year and the information tied in.

Nobody's POV

Adrien snorted at his remark before letting out a hoarse cough.  Plagg looked at him concerned.  His owner was getting weaker every day and to think that this started less than half a year ago.

"Please-Plagg- j-just stay in my bag."

Plagg sighed.  His owner had one of the kindest hearts he had ever met.  Sinking into the bag with Tikki, they looked out at Adrien nervously.

They suddenly felt the bag shake and peered up to see Adrien talking to a teacher.  The teacher said that he had to go to the front office.

Weird...

Marinette's POV

I entered the lunch room my hands fiddling nervously.  I kept my head down.  News had traveled  fast of my memories disappearing.  People even started getting in my face and saying obnoxious things like, "I bet she's faking!" Or "Do you remember me!?" 

It was so fucking annoying.

I just couldn't take it anymore.  All of the eyes and heads turned as they looked at me.  Not in the good way though.  I thought of positive thoughts.  I hated the attention when all are on me, well except for the attention Chat and Adrien give me.

I blushed at the thought as I saw Alya wave to me.  I quickly rushed over, almost tripping on my bag before sitting down next to her.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat still feeling the eyes on me.  I nervously smiled at Alya, but she wasn't looking at me.  Instead she was glaring at all the kids gossiping about me.  They immediately shut up and switched topic. She gave me a smile.

"So... what do you wanna talk about?"

I paused for a moment and looked around Adrien wasn't here...