Chapter Twenty-One: Chloe's Birthday

⚠️Language Warning⚠️

Previously:

The sunset that started off Adrien's afternoon was now pitch black. 

"PLAGG CLAWS OUT!"

Nobody's POV

Adrien knew he was rebelling and it would cost him greatly if he got caught again. But something sparked in him when his father had yelled at him. The mention of his mom. He needed to get out. He needed to see a normal kid for once. He needed to see her.

He couldn't show up as Adrien who was grounded though. Someone would probably post a picture of him and it would be his death day. He landed on a window in the back of the Bourgeois hotel and listened to the conversations going on inside.

Marinette's POV

It was overwhelming.

I had gotten word that Adrien had been found at home safe and sound. I silently thanked Chat for that one.

I blushed. Chat. This past week had been a dream with him. He was so kind and considerate and- He just cared so much. Not to mention an hour ago we were dancing the day away in my room. And we also almost... kissed.

I felt myself sigh. We hadn't kissed yet. Well one of the kisses I was asleep and the other two were official superhero business for Ladybug. I wished he would've stayed so we could've continued, but then again I did break away to answer the phone.

I felt Alya looking at me weird. I turned to her to see her concerned gaze surveying me.

"Just don't want to spend the whole party with Chloe and Lila that's all..." I lied, hoping she's believe me.

Alya raised her eyebrow but then nodded. She wasn't completely against the idea of Lila being a liar after what she pulled a couple of months ago.

"But hey we do look fabulous don't we?" Alya said gesturing to both of our dresses. I giggled and nodded.

"Orange really is your color!"

Alya was wearing a long dress. Much longer than Marinette's. It was thin but still durable and it was covered in glitter with a thin sliver belt fitting across her waist. Her hair was in a bun and she had a silver flower hair comb to go with the ensemble.

"Here we go..."

Nobody's POV

Both girls entered the party. Their ears pumped with the sound of music coming from every corner of the hotel. Marinette handed one of Chloe's servants her gift. (Which was a pair of cheap socks lollll)

They saw their classmates waving to them, along with Chloe bragging how at midnight fireworks would be launched in honour of her. Marinette rolled her eyes but put on a fake smile and said, "Happy birthday, Chloe." Chloe scoffed and continued to talk about how great her party would be.

An hour had passed but for Marinette it had felt like days. Everyone was insanely impressed at the dress she had made herself. But... other than dancing and making small talk their was nothing really to do. Marinette wasn't really in the mood for dancing, or not in the mood without a certain feline to dance with her.