My Flower Drugs

CONTAINS CONTENT ABOUT EATING DISORDERS, NOT SUITABLE FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18. ANY READING BEYOND THIS POINT IS DONE SO BY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE READER AND THEREIN IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO LEAVE IF CONTENT BECOMES DISTRESSING.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

His sigh was heavy as he pulled car keys from his back pocket, black denim grazing bandage-wrapped knuckles as he did so.

"Seriously," Ashton spoke, pressing the unlock button on his car key, "how many times am I gonna have to bail you outta there, Haz?"

His expression bled with dismay, standing on the driver's side of his car while street lamps tried to fight the impending blackness of midnight's haunting gaze. The night was cold, chilly enough for Ashton to have grabbed his old fraternity jacket before driving out to the local hospital upon the beckon of a fed up nurse's call.

Harry brushed Ashton's exasperation aside, tugging on the cuffs of his plain black parka as he waited anxiously for Ashton to press the unlock button again and open the passenger doors.

Ashton huffed out a sound of annoyance at the twenty seven year old when Harry didn't respond; waiting until the pair were buckled into their seats. He twisted his key into the ignition, letting the car sit with a running engine and working heater for a short while—eerie among the few cars idle in the back parking lot.

"What was it this time?" Ashton let go of his keys, hand slipping to fall and rest upon his jeans as his hazel eyes searched deep within Harry's miserable expression.

Long arms wrapped around himself after Harry tucked his jacket's hood over his head; ruffling short brown hair while his green-eyed gaze refused to meet Ashton's waiting stare.

"Nothing new." Harry mumbled.

"Right, then what do you weigh?"

A sound of indignance left the younger male—younger by a year or two—and Ashton cut Harry off before the man could argue.

"You either tell me here or we weigh you back home. So what's it gonna be?"

Hesitation washed through anguish as Harry huffed out a pathetic "fifty nine."

"You lyin' to me?" Ashton's expression was stern, expectant of answers as one hand rest upon the steering wheel; ready.

Crowbar on old blankets in the back seat, tools in the back space of the car, Ashton was Harry's rough and tumble boyfriend who always seemed to mean well—holding Harry's best interests deep in the core of his heart.
But his demeanour often left Harry stranded; shrunk into a ball of anxiety, while Ashton's hands frantically ran through chestnut curls—waiting for the moment grey hairs would arise after years of Harry's torment.

"If I think you're lying I'll weigh you anyway." Ashton warned. "So tell me the truth. How much you weigh?"

"...fifty two." Harry mumbled, lowering his head as though somehow doing so would stop Ashton from hearing.

"Fifty two?! Jesus Christ, Harry!" Ashton blurted, fear merging with the shock of his wavering voice as he held both hands to the wheel and began to pull out of the parking lot. "Fifty—fucking—two? You're basically a tall skeleton, how the hell did you get that low?"

"Idunno." Harry's words tumbled into each other, shivering body hoping the heating system of Ashton's Ute would kick in better soon.

"You don't know? Yes you do. You've been throwing up again." Ashton was bitter, though he often forgot to show Harry it wasn't for his boyfriend and rather the illness that had grasped hold of the man.
"You think I'm stupid? I knew I could smell vomit in the goddamn toilet. Wow."