Hit Me

💫 🍓 💫 🍓 💫

Calum's new boyfriend turns out to be as abusive as the last, but this time Calum's not taking any of his shit.

💫 🍓 💫 🍓 💫

This short story contains

🍓heavy abuse themes
🚬domestic violence
🍓blood/gore
🚬death

💫 🍓 💫 🍓 💫

This book was just a random idea that popped up in my head one night while watching a round of NCIS and Blue Bloods.

I thought to myself "what if the victim turned out to be crazy? What would the abuser do then?" Annnnd this is what the result became!

Hope we enjoy!💫

💙
🐌 📚

💫 🍓 💫 🍓 💫

💫 🍓 💫 🍓 💫

Calum's never been the luckiest man when it came to love. His only happy relationships were the ones back in high school that never truly counted.

After that it seemed to always be the same wherever he went; a happy beginning with a lovely man that turned quickly into an abusive madness. He certainly knew how to pick the wrong ones.

His first boyfriend had left him scarred the worst, beatings for everything and anything, memories of happy times fading quicker than they had stopped existing. Sometimes he thinks about how he'd still be with that Samuel man if his best friend, Michael, hadn't told him to get the fuck out of there.

His second boyfriend was harsh, spitting venomous words and hard insults at Calum every chance he could. Calum was never good enough, his body was never perfect enough, his smile was never fake enough, his clothes never covered enough, he never cooked enough, never cleaned enough. He was just never enough.
It had been his friend and work mate Ashton who had told him the real truth.

Ashton always had an innocent crush on Calum, always giving sweet compliments to the brunet whenever he had a quiet chance. He was a shy type of man, with wild curly hair and thick rimmed black glasses. He usually sat in his office cubicle all day making advertisements for the marketing sector, but he'd always try to be extra nice to Calum.

It had been Ashton's kind words that showed Calum he was worth more than what his second real boyfriend, Jeremy, said.

The third boyfriend was Calum's final straw. He spent too many nights thrown around and beaten, crying at work in the toilets and using up awkwardly bought makeup to the point he was going through two loads in one week. Ashton had quietly approached him one late night at the office, entering Calum's section where the man was bored stapling documents together; anything to keep from going home.

Calum hadn't known what to say when Ashton nervously placed a bag of makeup on his desk. He had half a mind to scream at the younger twenty year old—younger by about three or four years. He wanted so badly to release his pent up anger. But he took one glance at the trembling boy almost in tears, eyes refusing to meet with Calum's and breath so shallow and fast Calum swore he was about to have a panic attack, and he couldn't.
He couldn't yell at such a sweet boy.

"Thank you..." Calum had said, offering a small smile.

The relief that washed over Ashton's face was unforgettable, and Calum couldn't help it when his heart hurt a little bit.

"How did you know?" He asked, the both of them alone in the office that night.

Ashton fell almost silent at the question, and Calum had watched all life fade from him within seconds.
"I...like working late too."