Say You Won't Let Me Go (Completed Story)

🧸 D E S C R I P T I O N 🧸

When the demons start to darken your soul... They start to kill you.

"Calum? Please... look at me. Promise you won't do this again. I need you."

"I-..."

"Promise me."

"I can't."

⚠️ W A R N I N G ⚠️

This book contains extreme content such as:

depression, suicide and self harm, and touches on eating disorders.

💙 Please do not read if you are highly sensitive to those subjects 💙

(yeah this is trash, unedited and not proof read which is why it's here😂😂)

🧸🧸🧸

CHAPTER ONE

🧸🧸🧸

Calum could remember everything, every little thing down to the dull reflection of light against bathroom tiles and the unwelcome sound rushing water made as it spluttered from his lungs. To him, his memory was a recurring nightmare he can't escape.
He'll never forget the day Ashton found him floating in a sea of despair; slowly sinking to the bottom. It was the worst day of his life, a sick realisation that maybe escape wasn't as easy as he thought it would be.
Maybe he'd have to suffer longer...

Ashton remembered everything too.
And, in a way, it was his worst day too. He can't look to his best friend anymore without being sent spiralling back to that day, remembering the way Calum's chest rose and fell, how cold he was to the touch, and how earthy brown eyes were closed and his breath was scarce.

Calum had sunk low into the bath—dressed in his favourite shirt and nicest pair of black jeans—by the time he'd been found by his best friend.

He'd felt the rush of terror flood through him like some sick metaphor for the way the cold water filled his lungs.
It had submerged him into a cocoon of peace, wrapping its arms around him as air bubbles rose to the surface. Then there was silence.

Ashton remembers it so well. He can picture the exact moment he pushed open the bathroom door in search for his friend. He can vividly remember when his eyes landed on the brunet drowning in the bathtub; blissfully unaware of the darkness around him as he let his body shut down.

Ashton had screamed.

He'd screamed Calum's name so loud it echoed like shrill thunder through the house. His trembling hands grasped the brown eyed boy's shirt and he hauled the body up to break the surface of the peaceful silence. Water gushed in streams, a breath that would've marked death becoming a choke.
The freezing liquid spluttered from Calum's mouth, blue lips shivering as he strained to focus on his saviour.

Ashton had lost all colour in his face as he tightly wrapped his arms around his friend. He wanted nothing more than to protect Calum from the cruel water's freezing demise. Everything in his mind had been screaming to keep Calum alive.
He'd cautiously let the brunette go, holding Calum to sit up in the tub as he stared at the brunet in terrified shock.

"Why?" His voice cracked, tears in his eyes and hands trembling .

Calum immediately panicked, "Don't tell anyone, please Ashton. Don't tell the guys."