1990s (Malum)

A request written piece:

/🎮///📺//💄////🎥////🎸///🎧//📼/

*POP*

Pink bubblegum popped in a young girl's mouth as she stood with an unimpressed look on her face, front door open and held in her hand; letting the chill of the night air gently breeze in through the closed up house.

She chewed the gum again, not bothering to speak for a moment as she stood and stared at her older brother's boyfriend who stood on the front porch.

Her gum popped again, a pink bubble bursting back into her mouth.

"Michael!" She called loudly over her shoulder, stepping back and shouting up the distant staircase, "Your dumb boyfriend's here!"

Michael's voice echoed down the staircase, his head peeking out through a crack in his bedroom door so he could yell back, "I'll be there in a second!"

She looked back at Calum, another bubble popping before her jaws loudly chomped the pink flavouring; no regard for common curtesy.

Calum had his arms crossed over his chest, faded blue denim jacket crinkled over his torn black Nirvana shirt. Black denim jeans slightly ripped at the knees, and checkered black canvas shoes topping off a casual look that trended alongside the rest of the damned 90s culture.

The young fifteen-year-old popped another bubble before rudely speaking "You're a weirdo."

Calum rolled his eyes and mocked her, holding up his hands to form a 'W' with his thumbs and forefingers as he spoke in a purposely high-pitched tone "Ugh, whatever."

She scoffed as Michael finally came bounding down the stairs towards them, "Michael, your boyfriend's a loser."

Michael frowned, "Tiffany, that's not very nice."

"Talk to the hand." She shoved her hand practically in his face and stormed off.

He rolled his eyes and looked back towards Calum, a smile brightening its way over his face as he blushed, "Hi, I didn't realise you were coming over."

"Actually, I thought we should go out tonight." Calum explained, "That is unless you're busy or something?"

"No, not at all. Sounds fun, let's roll-" Michael had barely even stepped out of the house before his sister's stereo was booming from her bedroom; playing the radio's freshest hits. He shut the door, slightly muffling the sound of 'Hey Ya' by OutKast for what he swore was probably the gazillionth time the radio played it that day.

He flashed Calum a blushed smile, "So where are we headed?"

"I was thinking something real romantic." Calum laughed, opening his car door for Michael to get into the passenger seat.

"Romantic huh?" Michael teased and Calum fondly rolled his eyes as he shut the car door.

He walked around the car, and got in; twisting the keys into ignition and shifting the manual gear as the engine warmed up and he drove down the street.

"How romantic?" Michael questioned.

"You'll have to wait and see." Calum grinned, switching on his car stereo.

Michael laughed, the guitar opening for American Idiot blasting through the speakers. Of course Calum would be listening to Green Day. His smile was permanent on his face, watching Calum bob his head as he tapped his fingers against the car steering wheel in time to the beat.