Drugs (Type 2)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

p r e v i e w

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・✧

"What the bloody hell happened here?" Grey eyes scanned a massacre of blood splattered across the tile walls of the small bathroom.

With a tip of his hat, the detective scratched his head with a frown; studying the spray spatter of crimson still dripping wet with freshness.

"Bloody Hell sounds about right." A woman stood behind him, dressed in the same dull blue uniform with an iPad in her hands holding most of her attention.

"Do we have a victim somewhere?" The man peered at the torn shower curtain with a surge of disgust at its twisted bloodied state; pole dropped into the bath tub.

"Nope." The woman clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

"Oh c'mon." He turned to face her, his gaze meeting her own when she looked up. "This is a fucking mess, there's no way someone got up and walked away from this."

"Look!" He gestured his hands wildly at the carpeted floor the woman stood upon in the hallway just beyond the bathroom's open doorway. "There's no footprints either, so they didn't bloody walk."

"They could have been carried by another person not involved in the blood." She pointed out with a sway of her iPad pen before tapping something on her screen.

"So we've got no victim and no suspect, and some apparent White Knight?"

"Sounds about right." She nodded, nonchalant as a group of forensic workers approached from downstairs. She lifted her gaze again, "look, we'll wait for the forensic report and then see where we're at."

"With our luck it'll be another Lipstick kill." The man grumbled, walking alongside the woman officer as they passed the approaching workers.

"Doubt it. She's cleaner than that mess."

"She's a slick one."

The woman pat her hand against his shoulder, offering an encouraging look bordering amusement. "You'll get her one day, Leroy."

"Yeah right." He snorted, the pair of them leaving the house and stepping out into the damp night whose clouds above threatened to rain once more.
"I call it free de-population."

The woman let out a snort of a laugh, switching her iPad off as they approached their vehicle; the man unlocking the car for them.

"De-population, huh?" She slid into the front passenger seat, speaking again when the man climbed into the driver's side.
"Guess the city could use a good cleanse."

"Too right. Less people, less crime," he started the car, headlights gleaming through the darkness as he stated half jokingly, "less paperwork for us."

"Amen."