Oh No, Primal

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

P R E V I E W

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

White porcelain filled with warm hot chocolate thudded softly against the polished surface of a clean café table, sunshine casting a glorious glow through the bustling world of the city area; skyscrapers towering over busy streets lined by businesses.

"Are you sure they'll like me?" The gentle voice of Michael Clifford spoke across a circular table set outside in the sunny seating area, his hand loosely wrapped around a tall glass of iced tea; fingers almost hidden by the soft brown jumper he wore.

"I promise they will love you." Ashton Irwin smiled, his hazel eyes shimmering with pure love as his long fingers remained curled around the handle of his hot chocolate cup. "They already want to meet you. I promise they're very sweet."

"Sweet?" Michael was almost hopeful, cautious in trusting the words of his boyfriend of one year. He didn't like other people, Ashton was the only person he felt okay with.

Blood drooled down the concrete alleyway wall, thick grey stained in crimson as a young male stood impaled against it; a blade driven straight through his stomach and a hand wrapped mercilessly around his throat, unfazed by the choked red spluttered over tanned skin.

"You think you can fucking spit on me and survive?" Luke Hemming's voice was fuelled by rage, dipped in pure untamed malice as his wicked blue gaze glared dead into the younger man's wide grey eyes. The boy's friends long since disappeared upon seeing Luke's anger snap.

"They're the sweetest. They know just how to make you all blushy and happy." Ashton swooned, "and Luke? He never says a bad word to anyone, he's the nicest human being."

"Really?" Michael hesitated, his free hand anxiously picking at his bottom lip. "Does he... Is he nice to everyone? Will he... be nice to me?"

"Oh Mikey, he's going to love you! He's the kindest person, I assure you."

"I'll fucking kill your entire goddamn family." Luke brutally tore his hand away, "you think your mother's gonna like it when I send your severed head in the mail?" He let out a sinister laugh, watching the young male struggle to pull the blade out from his gushing stomach. "You're bloody pathetic."

"I know, he's literally such a gentleman too." Ashton continued. "Always polite, he even opens doors for me."

"He sounds nice..." Michael mumbled, wary of meeting Ashton's other boyfriends. "How old are they?"

They had been together for a full year, but now Ashton really wanted Michael to meet his other partners; and they really wanted to meet Michael.

"Calum's twenty eight but Luke's thirty six, and before you say anything I know I'm only twenty five, but Luke is such a nice man." Ashton insisted, pleading his case before Michael could try and argue it.

"Legal age gaps can be nice." Michael nodded softly, taking a sip from the straw of his drink. He was the least judgemental person Ashton had ever met in his entire life, a sweetheart with a heart filled by warmth and love. "How long have you been together?"

"About four years now." Ashton said, proud.

"Oh... that's so long." Michael's heart fell. "They won't want me... I'll interrupt everything."

"No no! They really want to meet you. I've showed them so many pictures of you and they love you."

Luke turned, casting a sideward glance to his co-worker, blue eyes clashing with vivid brown. Dark brownish-blond hair was a faded mess of hair dye and natural shades atop the slightly taller man's head, his body slouched in baggy black clothes and knuckles bruised with a scathing red.