Agent

The city was but a backdrop to the roll of four wheels as a sleek black vehicle parked on the side of the road; blocks away from the bustling central shopping district and loomed over by industrial skyscrapers filled with busy business offices and rushing workers, it came to a stop out the front of a plain looking tower.
A skyscraper of blacks, greys and crystal washed glass was nothing but another destination on an endless to-do list.

Michael slid out of his car with a quiet thud of black shoes upon the concrete path, door shutting with a click as he locked his vehicle with a press of his car key button; lights flashing once before he pocketed his keys into the front of his tailored black pants. With a belt looped through them, his white button up and slim brown vest was almost a drop of water among a raging sea as his large black coat—settled loosely over his shoulders—became the first thing one would see when glancing toward him.

The toothpick in his mouth was flicked carelessly to the ground, eyes behind black shades peering up at the skyscraper he stood before—people casually wandering back and forth in front of him through the business area, all dressed in blacks and greys like an odd dystopian tale. Feeling like a fly compared to the towering business, he couldn't help the sly quirk pulling on the edge of his lips as he pulled his sunglasses off and tucked them over the collar of his shirt.

Making his way inside, he could see how civilians would easily mistake the plain building for another replica of some snobby business. With polished white flooring seeping up into grey walls and tinted windows, and nothing more than a large reception desk in between two elevators and a small waiting area seemingly untouched.

Michael approached the lady at the front desk, watching the way her dark brown eyes lifted with a great sense of irritation toward him before her finger pressed against the earpiece she wore; silencing whoever she had been chatting to.

She eyed him up, not impressed by a civilian wandering senselessly into the area. "What can I help you with?"

"I have an appointment." Michael rest a hand over his waist, subtly lingering his grasp over the gun hiding beneath his vest; cloaked by his coat. "Ten thirty... I believe it should be in your system, if you could take a look for me." He gave a coy smile. "Would be greatly appreciated, Miss."

Her hands barely ghosted the keyboard in front of her, eyes managing to reach her desktop screen only to be torn away and placed upon the origin of a new sound.

The elevator doors had opened, perfect timing Michael could always count on, and out came the tall figure of a blond man he knew exceedingly well.

"Sorry for the wait, Sir." The blond pulled a deeper voice than his natural one Michael knew, face structure altered by almost invisible contour and eyes drifting toward Michael's state. "You can come through."

The woman frowned, confused as she studied briefly over the uniform the blond wore. Head to toe in a mixture of black, white and grey, his black suspenders were far too tempting to Michael to snap back. His trousers were faintly striped with grey, white long sleeved shirt buttoned up and neatly bunched at his elbows, and Michael almost whistled in appreciation.

Michael flashed a grin toward the woman who scowled in return, curious as to why he was so important the business was letting him through immediately.

He followed the tall blond into the elevator, keeping up appearances as he stood beside the silent man in black thick-rimmed glasses until the doors closed and they were heading up to their next destination.

"Well look at you." Michael mused, green eyes on Luke's own blue ones while they focused on the glowing digits of the elevator levels as numbers continued to rise.