Spy v Spy

A Muke Tale.

"Attention all agents, the Central Tower has been infiltrated. Classified documentations have been uploaded from our servers. Suspect is Agent 3303. See attached. All available field operatives are to find and eliminate the threat to our national security. In the name of God, may He bless you in your plight."

~*~

Millions of dead eyes watched on through the darkness, shadows dancing their pirouettes across the vast open room; fighting in a battle against the light that streamed through large windows. Moonlight clashed against ancient evil, fear and life colliding together to reflect their death against the smooth polished surface of deep wooden oak.
Bouncing against brown, the light tangoed with the dark; disappearing in the corners of the shaded room.

To the left stood a proud aquarium tank of which one would assume a vast array of fish would swim happily within. The slow glide of a long grey tentacle against the chilled glass from inside made it clear small fish would be the beast's prey; squirming gold crushed within its hidden jaws.

Black combat boots tracked the puddles of rain from outside with each step deeper into the room. Laces dragged against the clean floor, edging closer to the middle of the room yet not too close to the wide desk settled at the end. The crinkle of the man's navy blue jacket ruffled with polyester fibres as he scratched the back of his wrist; hand clutched to a small zip-lock bag holding a USB inside.

Green eyes flickered toward the windows on his right, catching nothing but the city's skyline. Part of him expected a window to smash in any second now.

The running filter of the fish tank was all he could hear as seconds passed without any sign of new life. Though, he knew better than to lower his guard. He had come to meet someone who didn't waste their time with playing dirty tricks. They were risky, sly and conniving, with dark eyes so filled with evil one would think they had crawled their way from the depths of Hell.

Michael could feel the atmosphere drop without warning, a sixth sense encompassing him with an amber warning. Shadows stopped dancing and the light fell to its knees in surrender, two tall slender black heels clacking smoothly against the wooden flooring.

Green eyes lifted toward the left corner ahead of him, a figure draped in pitch black emerging from the shadows that had called him their master. Long fingers wrapped in rich black fabric curled from their tips to their elbows pushed a low-lying hood from the face of evil.

Blue eyes seemed to shine against the night's kiss, smirk tainting soft pale skin as the slim young man approached the side of the desk. Michael felt his chest tighten, his mind racing with systematic ways to escape should the need arise. He scanned every useful item in the room, configured how fast he could get from the centre of the room to the stairwell beyond the hallway, all the while refusing to allow his gaze to drop from the wicked presence.

Heels higher than four inches came to a stop by the desk, black material bending at the knees where the shoes finished as the young man leaned casually on one leg; amused by Michael's rugged state. Compared to the security agent--well, ex agent--this man was clean and sharp from the look in his eyes to the curve of his hips.

If ever he wished to pass as a cliche Russian spy, the man would only have to brush up on his accent.

"It'll take you exactly fifteen seconds to get from where you are to the fire exit." The voice of the devil breezed through the cold room, pink lips pulled up into a vile smirk. "Of which you'll find locked. Adding another five seconds onto your escape."

Blue eyes looked Michael up and down--always one to savour such a sight.

"And we both know I can catch you in about ten." He added, smug.