Conspirator

"Don't tell me you got Starbucks again?" I laughed.

Ashton giggled, his white earphones visible through the camera of his phone as he held it up to talk to me.

He held up his Starbucks to-go coffee so I could see it on my screen, "Can't live without Starbucks."

I laughed, "Of course."

Ashton's eyes widened behind his thick rimmed glasses, his hazel colours lighting up with realisation, "Oh! Did you see my last post?" He sipped his cold drink through the straw, pink lips wrapping around the clear plastic.

"The one of your new shirt?" I asked.

"Oh no, I must've deleted it before you saw it." Ashton pouted only to light up immediately afterwards.

I loved when Ashton face-timed me because I got to see the world around the young twenty-four-year-old. I loved city streets, the bustling city life and the urban people just rushing around and going about their own life; paying no penance to anyone else.

"It was about the chemtrails." Ashton casually said, "You know?"

"Chem...trails?"

"Gurl, o.m.g." He beamed with excitement "So I was studying fluoride right?"

"Yeah. Your research made me stop drinking tap water-"

He gasped "Good! Don't drink it!"

I laughed, picking up my bottled water and showing it to my laptop screen. He grinned, giving me a happy smile, before continuing on with his subject "But yes! Chemtrails! It drives me crazy that these bastards are just like killing us or something."

He shook his head and sipped his drink, his eyes slightly rolling to add effect to his words as he easily switched topics, "It's almost triggered me as much as damn Apple slowing down their phones so then everybody buys the newest one! And don't even get me started on the voice and facial recording!"

I nodded, "Main reason I always go Samsung-"

He giggled, shaking his head, "Yeah 'cause Cortana is way better." He pursed his lips, smirking with a playful smugness "Just a spy that hasn't been caught."

"Ash!" I whined "Don't make me scared of my own phone!"

"Hey!" He laughed "I'm using an iPhone 8, babe. How do you think I feel?"

I laughed as he pulled his phone closer to his face with a purposefully loud whisper "The government is listening!"

He giggled, pulling the phone back to a normal space from his face, "Anyway~! I was watching Lola's latest video-"

"Which one?!"

He laughed at my enthusiasm, "The one he posted just yesterday all about like chemtrails and fluoride, it's what got me intrigued about the conspiracy."

I faked a cry of shock, "I missed it! My channel keeps fucking up, I'm not getting much notifications."

Ashton pouted "That sucks." He sipped his drink, eyes darting to watch a passing car, "Woah." He watched it for a few seconds before smiling back at me "You have to get me a car like that one."

I let out a laugh "Yeah sure. When I become a millionaire I'll buy you a pink car."

"Just join the government." He sipped his drink, eyelashes fluttering naturally, "You'll be so rich you can hire someone to buy the car for you to give to me."

I shook my head, amused, and he beamed, "Anyway, gotta go boo! I'll send you my research so you can freak out too, but right now I gotta hit up my boss and hand in my interview with that firework chick."