Delirium

══════════════════

PREVIEW

══════════════════

With a moon whose shine invaded every inch of lingering shadows begging to be freed within the night's vicious gaze, Luke could feel the heartless bite of cold air tearing through his body upon each thudded sound of his boots hitting the concrete beneath him.

Buildings seemed to sway, arching over empty roadways and desolate streets as the sun took its sanity with it to the depths of the endless universe beyond his reach. He could hear his heart thundering within his eardrums, beating violently against his ribcage as he sprinted through routes he knew all too well; backstreets were nothing unknown to a man who thrived upon them.

"Fucking christ-" he grit his teeth with a hiss, pitch black hair breezing its short strands across his face as the white hairband holding it behind his head began to falter against his chaos.

His arms bubbled with goosebumps, naked against the night with nothing but a torn black tank-top loosely clinging to his slender body, black pants close to his long legs giving him the freedom to climb alleyway fences each time he came across them.

A quick glance back gave him a blank sight of the empty alleyway entrance, and with an expert jump he leapt up onto the fencing in front of him and swung himself over its surface; landing with a thump and taking off into pitch black streets where guns lay inside homes and garages were filled with hidden drugs.

After a while, he slowed down—easing into a casual pace as the threat of his assailant died down, their sight on him long since evaded now that he lingered in dangerous territory. He knew he would be fine so long as he continued walking and didn't dare pause for a second outside a house.
He unzipped his pant pocket, taking his phone out and switching its screen on to find endless missed calls sent to voicemail by his Sleep Mode and unanswered messages from an increasingly stressed girlfriend.

"Dammit, Daniela." He muttered under his breath, eyes focused on his screen as he tried to read through the endless messages he'd been spammed; figuring out his best course of action to respond with.

Babe 🖤
Where the fuck are you?

Babe 🖤
You didn't even get the groceries like I asked
You're so fucking useless omg

Babe 🖤
Istg if your out doing stupid shit again we're done

Babe 🖤
Luke where the fuck are you?

Babe 🖤
Answer my fucking calls you stupid cunt
This is why no one can fucking stand you your so useless

Babe 🖤
Fine if you wanna ignore me then I'll play your game
I cheated on you with Jennifer

Babe 🖤
She's a better fuck anyway

Babe 🖤
Luke I'm sorry, I was just kidding
Can you please answer me now?

Babe 🖤
Your stressing me out where are you??? Are you okay????
I'll call the cops please just answer me

Babe 🖤
Luke seriously stop acting like a fucking child and answer me it's not that hard

Babe 🖤
That's it I'm calling the cops
You better hope they don't find drugs on your stupid ass

Babe 🖤
Fuck you