Instituted (2017/18 made)

Calum Hood's eyes skimmed over the clipboard in his hands, thick black glasses perched atop his nose as brown eyes read silently.

He stood in front of the tall blonde teenager, the adult himself dressed in casual black jeans and a brown shirt with a white doctor's coat over the top.

He lifted his gaze to the new addition to Voltz Asylum, "Luke Hemmings? You're room number 328."

Luke couldn't help but glance at the smaller male standing behind the doctor, his blue eyes gazing at the stranger.

The older teen giggled, hiding behind Calum as the doctor spoke ever so bland and nonchalantly, "Don't mind him. He's crazy."

"Um..." Luke couldn't tear his eyes off the eerie teen. "Okay."

The teen peered over Calum's shoulder with an amused smile; studying Luke. Abruptly he jumped out in front of the blond, purple galaxy hair shining like his pink lips and green eyes, "My mummy's coming to get me soon."

Calum's gaze had dropped back to the clipboard; scanning through it as he turned to walk down the corridor, "Ignore him. Follow me."

Luke gave a weird expression in reaction to the asylum patient, edging around the energetic loony and scurrying after the doctor.

"We're allowed to roam free?" Luke frowned, perplexed.

Calum was still reading through his clipboard, flipping pages as necessary as he walked the corridors like he knew them very well. He did.

"Yes, unlike your television shows and stupid films, we care for our patients and treat them as the human beings they are."

"But... What about the dangerous ones?"

A door to the left was thrown open with a screech of anguish. Another doctor backed out of the room with a forced smile, gently closing the door before taking a deep breath and allowing a more natural smile to appear.

"We keep the less cooperative ones in their rooms." Calum didn't pay any response to the commotion; continuing on his way with an adjustment of his glasses.

The other doctor smoothed out their white coat, wearing the full doctor's uniform with a name tag that read ASHTON. He had a bright glow to his aura, smiling and peppy; a friendly male with chestnut curls and charming hazel eyes.

"Hi there." He smiled kindly at Luke, "Are you new?" His voice was L adoringly soft; as though speaking to a small child.

Luke gave a crooked nod, wary of the caring doctor.

"That's great, love. I hope to have the pleasure of getting to know you." He flashed a smile before hurrying off back down the corridor.

Calum gestured for Luke to hurry up, the blond having stopped in his tracks, "Keep up please."

Luke glanced back at the other doctor, who was almost at the end of the hallway by now, before quickly keeping pace with Calum; trying to ignore the teenager who was quite contently following after them.

The teen tapped Calum's shoulder, "When is my mummy coming to pick me up?"

Calum adjusted his glasses, clipboard by his side as he walked with quite large strides, "Your mother won't be picking you up, Michael."

"Why not?" The teen curiously tilted his head.

"Because your mother died three years ago."

"No she didn't. She told me so."

Calum shook his head, grumbling under his breath, "Why won't schizophrenics ever listen to me?"

He came to a stop, pushing open a white door among many with the correct plated number on it. Stepping aside, his attention was on Luke; ignoring Michael, who peered curiously into the room, as though he weren't even there.