Just Take Me

The sight of one of the most vicious criminals was one not many people could grow accustomed to. He was young, with admittedly gorgeous looks that most would jot down to lucky genes. His eyes were the most deceitful of hazel and his voice was as smooth as melting honey. He could lull you into a false sense of security and cut you clean open at the same time.

Black and red painted blunt fingernails reflected their dull shine under the light of the interrogation room, black clothes almost like a void in the haze, buckles and chains decorated across the cargo-fabric like a twisted sense of fashion that people didn't want to admit looked stunning. The longer the vile criminal sat within the police station, the further the police wanted to delve into his darkened mind; yet they couldn't.

They were too afraid of what they might uncover if they went too far with the man they just couldn't get enough evidence on. No matter how many times they came close.

"I just find it so hard to believe that you miraculously got off scott-free without a single bullet hole, moments before the city subway station turned into a massacre."

The officer who had drawn the short straw was officer Eric Frivera, a thirty five year old man who was divorced with no children. He had messy brown hair and a stubble of a beard; eyes darkened by sleepless nights and trauma he received like screwed up gift baskets from years in the force.

Dark brown eyes stared the criminal down. "Riddle me that, kid."

"Exciting, isn't it?" Ashton purposely quoted The Riddler.

That didn't impress officer Frivera very much, instead achieving a harsh snarl from him. "You think you're so funny don't you?"

Ashton's tongue glided over his canines before he let out another smart arsed response "It's a funny world we live in. Wanna see how I got these scars?"
He cackled loudly, dragging his fingertip over his lips; from one side of his cheek to the other as he threw his head back in sheer amusement at his own joke.

"Do you not realise how much shit you're in right now?" Frivera exasperated with a partial sneer. "You're under suspicion for the ruthless murder of forty three people, this is not the time to be making comic book jokes."

"I'm making jokes?" The alleged criminal pointed to himself, an expression of shock on his face. "Oh, but I don't see anyone laughing." He then gestured his arms out either side of him as though addressing an audience; giving the tired officer a faux confused look.

"I am going to send my fist through your teeth in a minute, kid." Frivera warned.

"Oh come now, that's not very sporting of you." Ashton leaned back in his seat, arms crossed casually over his chest as he eyed the seething policeman.

"Listen up you little shit, you keep going like this and I'll-!"

"And you'll what? Arrest me for making jokes?" Ashton gleamed darkly. "You can't do shit to me, pig. I got an alibi, you haven't got even the slightest, tiniest, most minuscule, shred of proof for anything you're saying." He snicekred, amused. "Now I dunno 'bout you, but I think that's call for game over. You lose."

Frivera scowled at the gangster, silent for a moment before growling as the interrogation room door was pulled open. "I'll get you, kid. I know there's something going on and trust me I'll fucking get you."

"Ah alright, if you say so." Ashton dramatically sighed, as the new female officer silently unlocked the cuffs around his ankles and set him free. The detectives had failed to get enough evidence once again.

"But I'm sticking to my story." Ashton said, mocking the male officer with a fake smile as the woman held open the exit door without a word; waiting for the young twenty two year old to leave through it.