Party Dorm

##

P R E V I E W

##

Laughter and chatter echoed through the campus corridors, students wandering around with food, drink or books in their hands; bags slung over their shoulders and lives on track to an early grave with stress from endless assignments.
They believed it would be worth it, to grow and become who they dreamed to be, though it was yet to be determined whether the extra debt for more schooling would truly pay off or land them in cycle of madness.

Today, Luke had the joyous task of working for extra credit to aid a new student's merge into the vast campus. It had been his philosophy professor who had politely pulled the young blond aside and asked if he would help a typically shy new student transfer with ease from their previous campus.
The two students would be sharing philosophy class, and so Luke accepted; if only for the extra credit and the brownie points he'd get from his gorgeous professor.

Iced coffee in one hand and phone in the other, Ashton, one of Luke's friends—arguably his best friend—walked alongside Luke as the pair left the main campus building after their morning classes.

"I'm kinda nervous, not gonna lie." Luke shook his empty hands, trying to dispel his nerves slightly.

In a pink long sleeved shirt branded by an aesthetic take on Barbie and pale blue mom jeans whose belt glistened in its diamanté style, Luke was a harsh contrast to his best friend who was draped in heavy black.
Ashton, with his dyed black hair and obsessive need for caffeine, wore a long sleeved shirt—whose sleeves were blocked white and black like a race track's start line—underneath a large black shirt with strange borderline creepy anime eyes on its front, and a pair of jeans whose pant legs were patched by punk sayings and phrases; tucked into a classic pair of black boots.

"Nervous?" Ashton didn't look up from his phone, taking a sip from his iced drink through its straw.

"Yeah, I mean, it's a new kid. I gotta make a good impression."

"Everyone loves you." Ashton mumbled, typing out a response to a message he was sent.

"Only because I make sure they do." Luke pointed out, and Ashton nodded in acknowledgment.

"True."

"Anyway, focus." Luke clasped his hands together, eyes glistening with determination.
"They'll be here on the next bus," he checked his watch as the pair came to a stop by the main bus stop directly out front of the campus, "in barely a minute."

"Here they are." Ashton looked up, hazel eyes joining his phone-holding hand in directing toward the incoming bus.

"God, I hope they're not a fuckwit." Luke muttered and Ashton snorted as he returned to typing on his phone.

"Who are you even texting?" Luke dared to ask as the bus approached.

"Louis." Ashton mumbled his response, more focused on his phone.

Luke gave out a dismissive sound of 'pfft' and scoffed, "anyone would think he wants to hook up with you."

"Yeah." Ashton clarified and Luke's pretty blue eyes rolled as his arms crossed over his chest.

"Don't lower your standards."

"He skates good." Ashton shrugged as though it were enough reason to be spending time with the man Luke disregarded with a foul taste on his tongue.

Luke would've pestered further, but when the bus stopped and it's doors opened he plastered a believably soft smile on his sharp features and poured all his attention to the new student he was supposed to meet.