Vengeance (cake/lashton)

"Welcome to Delta Team Z, as far as anyone outside of this room is aware; we do not exist."

~*~*

"How'd you become team leader? That's a pretty big thing." Luke asked, finding his chance in the quiet of the night; the bustling city distant behind him and his commander.

"Top of my class back home, I was supposed to be headed for U.S special forces... Then one day I saw something I wasn't supposed to, ended with me taking over the Delta team."

"Do you ever get scared?" Luke quietly asked. "Like, scared you're gonna die to one of these freaks?"

"I've only ever been afraid of one thing, Luke." Calum replied. "I can assure you, if ever I am afraid you should surely run."

~*~*

In where Luke Hemmings joins Task Force Z, a delta special ops military team in Japan created solely to find and eliminate ghouls.

🖤💋🖤💋🖤
💀

CHAPTER ONE: Roses With Thorns

Luke took a deep breath, the chilled air of the room inhaling into his lungs and escaping with a quiet wisp of an exhale. He rose from his seat at one of eleven small cubical desks in a large detective-team room.

The room was dark, dim blue lighting casting a glow throughout it from screens of many computers and the large monitor at the very front of the space.

The door was opened and closed, each member of the newly created team now signed into their desktop systems and rising to a stand as their leader entered in silence. Hushed whispers came to a stop and everyone's eyes were glued to the new entry.

He was tall, with short raven coloured hair and brown eyes almost as cold as the soft breeze from the air conditioning. He stood with confidence, a stoic expression blankly plastered across his tanned face; body clothed in long sleeves and black shades.

He cleared his throat and gazed up across the small special forces team, each member bringing their own unique talent to the table.

"Good afternoon. My name is Calum Hood, I am your new commanding officer." Luke could've swooned at Calum's deeply soothing voice. But he chose not to, sticking to being professional.

"Welcome to Delta Team Z, as far as anyone outside of this room is aware; we do not exist."

"You should all be aware as to why you are here." Calum continued, his eyes studying the people in the room in front of him. "This is nothing like your police forces or your security firms, you are here to help wipe clean the infestation taking over the streets of Japan."

"Some of you will not be staying here in Tokyo. Some will be transferred to Kyoto and others to Maebashi and Fukushima." He explained. "Check your emails for your designation packs and further identification requirements. Immediately."

Each member of the team shot down into their seats, rapidly checking their secured email accounts as ordered to do so. Within moments eight people had left the room, leaving only three remaining members; Luke included.

The leader spoke after silence had fallen once more.

"The three of you will work closely with me. Tokyo has the highest level of ghouls in the country, and you three have the perfect set of skills to combat these creatures efficiently."