CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20: The Ball Part 2

SUNGJAE’S POV.

Hye Mi grabbed my arm, dragging me outside and leaving Ji Eun behind. I shot her an apologetic look, but I don’t think she saw it. Once we were outside, she let go of my arm.

“What are you doing?!” I demanded, wanting to know her real reason for talking to us.

“What?” Hye Mi said, looking at me innocently, “Can’t I just say hi?”

I laughed once. “As if. What do you want?” I asked again.

“Oppa…” She said. Walking up to me and running her hand down my chest. “I’ve changed.”

I looked away and made a face. “You? Change? Don’t kid yourself.” I said.

“I really have!” she said again, trying to convince me.

“Look, Hye Mi. I’ve been fooled by you once. And I’m not going to be fooled again.”

“Why? Is it because of that stupid girl?” she shot at me.

I looked at her seriously. “She’s not stupid.”

“What do you even see in her? She’s not half as pretty as I am. And she’s so… plain. I mean, you could do so much better than that. You’re a star! A hot one too…”

“Do you even remember what you did to me? To Peniel?” I asked her.

“Um… I vaguely remembering the two of you madly in love with me…” she began, pretending not to know what I was talking about.

“No. We were dating, and you went and seduced Peniel, telling him we had broken up when we hadn’t. And if damaging our friendship wasn’t enough, you had to break his heart after you finished your games.”

“Oppa! Don’t be so cruel to Hye Mi! I didn’t do anything like that!” she said childishly.

“I won’t let you come near Ji Eun, or any of the BTOB members.” I warned her.

Her face turned to sour, “Oh really? We’ll see about that.” She said cunningly.