CHAPTER 34

CHAPTER 34: 0330

A week had passed since that incident.

You hadn’t seen or talked to any of the BTOB members – only Ilhoon when he came to visit Min Ji, but you didn’t say much. You had moved back to the apartment now, since all you had to do was rest. You folded clothes as you watched T.V. to pass the time.

Every time you close your eyes, all you could see was SungJae’s broken hearted face when you had told him you wanted to break up.

‘It’s better this way. He won’t get hurt this way.’ You kept thinking to yourself.

‘He needs to focus on his career. I can’t get in the way of it.’ Even though your chest hurt when you thought about it, and your eyes watered when you thought of his face, you soldiered on – determined to get through this. Min Ji walked into the room and sat on the floor next to you, picking up a shirt.

“I think I want to go back to Perth for a while.” You said suddenly. “I’ve been meaning to visit Ji Young, anyways.”

She looked at you and pursed her lips, “Are you sure that’s why you’re going? Or is it because of what happened between you and SungJae.”

You looked at the floor. “No. I’m going because I miss my brother. I’ll only be gone for a week.”

“Fine. But make sure when you get back, you have yourself sorted out.” She rubbed your back soothingly. “I will.” You reassured her.

~~~

You stepped out of the airport, breathing in the familiar air.

“It’s good to be back.” You said to yourself as you stretched.

“It’s good to have you visit!” Ji Young said, wheeling your luggage bag along. His hair had grown a little longer than you had remembered.

“Thanks for picking me up!” you smiled at him.

“Of course I would pick you up! You’re my baby sister, remember?” he teased you, dropping your bag into the boot of his black car.

“New car?” you said, eyeing it up and down. He nodded and smiled. “Wanna drive?”