CHAPTER 42

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 4 Chapters to go before the END. =))

CHAPTER 42: Sleep

You quickly changed into your bikini and threw your oversized white button up shirt over the top. “I’m ready oppa!” you called to Peniel as he got off his bed.

He smiled at you, “Shall we go?”

You linked arms with him. He was wearing dark blue board shorts and a grey t-shirt. The two of you made your way down to the hotel’s swimming pool, where SungJae was waiting.

“So Ji Eun, how did you find the party?” Peniel asked, smiling at you sweetly.

“It was very fun. I enjoyed myself a lot.” You giggled.

“That’s good.”

“Oppa!” you heard a female voice coming from the direction SungJae was at. You watched as a familiar figure - which belonged to no one other than the annoying brat Hye Mi – wrapped her arms around SungJae’s neck and kissed him straight on the lips. You stopped in your tracks. Peniel’s gaze followed yours and saw what you saw. You could feel the tears building up already. You turned and ran.

“Wai – Ji Eun!” Peniel called after you, chasing you.

‘Why do I feel this? We’re not together anymore?’ the tears had spilled over. To make it worse, it looked like SungJae had kissed her back with his hands on her bare waist.

After running for what seemed like forever, you found yourself at one of the beaches. The hotel wasn’t even in site anymore. You collapsed onto the sand, the cold waves just reaching you.

PENIEL’S POV.

“Ji Eun!” I called, trying to search for her in the dark night. I finally saw her petite figure, kneeling on the sand.

“Aish. SungJae has a lot of explaining to do.” I muttered under my breath as I made my way over to Ji Eun. As I neared, I heard her sobbing.

“Ji Eun?” I said softly, trying not to startle her. She didn’t look up, but I could see she was trying to suppress her tears. It broke my heart. I knelt down beside her and put my hand on her back.

‘Who am I kidding? Did I actually think I had a chance? Of course she still loves SungJae.’ I shoved those thoughts to the back of my mind. All that mattered right now was her happiness.