CHAPTER 26

CHAPTER 26: Hotel

It had been a week since you had ignored SungJae’s texts and calls. And you still were. Every night he would call you. And every night you would ignore him.

“Ji Eun.” Min Ji said, coming into your room. “You need to stop ignoring SungJae.”

You turned in your bed and ignored her. You felt her hand on your shoulder.

“I know you’re having a hard time because of what that crap head did to you.” She referred to your ex-boyfriend. “But SungJae isn’t him. He won’t leave you.”

You sighed. “Okay. I’ll just text him then.” You said, grabbing your phone.

“Okay. Good.” Min Ji said, leaving your room.

‘Mianhe. SungJae oppa.’ You texted him.

Almost immediately your phone buzzed back at you.

‘Ji Eun. I’m so sorry. Please, let’s meet up.’

You sighed, ‘Fine, oppa. I’ll meet you at the park in an hours’ time.’

You got off your bed and looked for something suitable to wear – you had spent the whole week at home sulking in your bed. You picked out some dark blue skinny jeans, a lacy white dress top and some pumps.

‘Why am I getting so dressed up? I’m just going to the park.’ You thought to yourself as you applied some makeup and pulled your hair into a messy top bun. You glanced in the mirror before you left.

“I’m going to go meet SungJae.” You said, passing Min Ji in the kitchen. She looked up at you, “Will you be home to eat dinner?” she asked, flipping through the open cook book that MinHyuk had given you for your birthday.

“I’m not too sure. I’ll text you, okay?”

“Sure. Have fun, dear!” she called as you picked up your hand bag which was on the display cabinet. You made your way out to the park. It was already dark. The wind caught you by surprise.

‘I should’ve brought a jacket.’ You thought as you kept walking. You sat on the bench and looked at your surroundings, playing with your fingers.

You heard footsteps coming closer. Thinking it was SungJae you turned around to greet him. But it wasn’t.

“Oh? GongChan?” you said, your face must have been full of surprise. “What are you doing here?” you asked curiously.

He rubbed the back of his neck, “Um. I was just about to go and visit you since you have been ignoring my texts.”

“Yeah… I’m sorry about that. I haven’t been really talking to anyone recently.”

“Are you okay?” he asked, concerned. “Why are you at the park by yourself?”

You looked at your feet as he sat down beside you. “I’m waiting for SungJae oppa.”

“Oh.” His voice dropped. “I’ll wait with you until he shows up and then I’ll go, if that’s fine with you.”

You nodded and looked at the sky.  “So why have you been avoiding everyone?”

“I haven’t been feeling that well.” You lied, hoping he would believe it.

Whether he did or not, he chose not to press any further. He took off his warm jacket and placed it on your shoulders. “You look cold.” He said, smiling at you.

“Thanks.” You said, slipping your arms through the sleeves.

“Ji Eun?” you heard that familiar voice. It was SungJae.