CHAPTER 3

You woke up at 9.30am, and did your usual routine, more excited than usual. You opened the door to Min Ji’s room, “WAKE UP!” You yelled, pouncing on her bed and shaking her, “Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!”        

A pillow hit you across the back of the head. “I am awake! Pabo!” she said from behind you. It turns out you were jumping on a bunch of pillows. “Oh. Okay. Good! Help me pick something out!” You whined at her. “Oooh, excited to see your boooyyyyfrriieendddd, Ji Eun?” she teased. “No!” You blushed, “Maybe… Yes… But he’s not my boyfriend!”      

Light pink shoes, stockings, a pink ruffle dress and a black cardigan later you were dressed. You smiled at yourself in the mirror, applying some mascara. “Tah-dah!” Min Ji exclaimed, bursting into your room, “How do I look?”      

“You look pretty smokin’ hot” You said, winking at her, “I’m sure Ilhoon will fall head over heels for you!”       

She giggled, “Do you really think so? He’s so dreamy and cute…”      

The doorbell rang.      

“Coming!” you yelled, scrambling down the stairs to the front door. You opened it, and there he was. Yook SungJae. The maknae of BTOB. You still hadn’t heard any of their songs but you knew that they were probably really good since they came from CUBE entertainment – You were familiar with G.Na and BEAST. His face turned from what you thought was nervousness into relief.      

“Hi there.” He said coolly. You smiled at him, and did a slight bow. “Hi.”      

“How was your sleep?” He asked, pushing a lock of your hair back into its position.      

The unexpected action made you forget what you were going to say and before you could snap back into reality, Min Ji appeared. “Annyeong! I’m Min Ji – Ji Eun’s best friend!”      

He bowed, “I’m SungJae. I’ve heard a lot about you.”      

“Jinjja?” she smiled widely.      

“Well, I guess we should get going. I’ve told the rest of the guys that I’ll be bringing two… friends… along with me to lunch.” He said, looking at you.      

You blushed and broke eye contact with him. You felt like you were going to melt into a blob because of his charms.      

You arrived at a casual restaurant-café. You and Min Ji followed SungJae to a table with 6 guys who were making fun of each other and talking like brothers. As soon as they saw you, they all stood up and bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo! We are BTOB!” Each of them introduced themselves,      

“I’m EunKwang and I’m the leader of BTOB! Nice to meet you!” He said, bowing again.      

“I’m ChangSub! Pleasure to meet you!”      

“Hello! I’m HyunSik and it’s an honour to meet you!”      

“Hey, I’m Peniel and I’m happy to meet you both!” he said in fluent English