CHAPTER 7

Two weeks had past, and it was now already mid-August. You hadn’t really talked to SungJae since the incident and there was no way you were going to talk to him first. You were too scared he was still angry at you.    

“Ji Eun!” Min Ji said, poking her head into your bedroom. “Let’s invite BTOB to celebrate your birthday here!”    

You looked up her. “Um… sure.” You said nodded at her slightly.    

The corners of her mouth tugged upwards.    

“Good! I’ll call Ilhoon straight away and he can come plan with me. You’ll be okay at home by yourself right?”    

You nodded. “Of course, you don’t need to babysit me”    

She gave you a sympathetic look and closed the door as she left.    

‘I guess I have been a little bit moody since the incident’ You thought, ‘I should give Min Ji some slack, she’s been absolutely wonderful with me these past two weeks. She should have her fun.’ You knew Min Ji loved throwing birthday parties – especially yours. Every year she never failed to make you laugh until you cried of happiness. Your 17th birthday was in exactly 4 days – August 20th.        

There was a knock at the door. “Come in.” you said as the door opened. Two faces appeared – belonging to HyunSik and ChangSub.    

“Ji Eun-ah, we heard about your birthday…” HyunSik started.    

“And we’re going to take you shopping for a new outfit!” ChangSub finished, smiling a big bright smile at you. You knew they wouldn’t take no for an answer so you put on your coat and left the apartment with them. They both linked arms with you on each side, walking towards the big shopping complex.    

“Wow! This shopping area has an AQUARIUM?!” you said, suddenly excited.    

“Yes, so many wonderful things in this country!” ChangSub chimed along with you, happy that your mood had lifted.    

“Now… I think if you wore a dress you would look absolutely stunning!” HyunSik said, “We’ll also need to get you new heels and accessories”    

You smiled, the last time you went shopping was when you first came to South Korea – the day when you first met SungJae. Immediately you pushed him out of your thoughts. ‘No Ji Eun. You haven’t thought about him recently so don’t give in now.’