CHAPTER 37

CHAPTER 37: Broken

SUNGJAE’S POV.

Min Ji had let me into their apartment.

‘She’s coming back this morning.’ I thought to myself as I positioned myself on the steps. I fought off the urge to fall asleep, but I failed miserably. I felt someone shake me gently.

“Oppa… wake up” a familiar voice called. I snapped my head up and looked at the direction.

It was Ji Eun. “Ji Eun…?” I asked, vision slightly blurry.

“I’m here, oppa.” She said. I felt her guide me to her room without touching me. I wanted to cradle her in my arms so badly.

“I’m so sorry, Ji Eun. I’m so sorry. I love you so much. I’ll be patient. I’ll wait as long as it takes for you to be okay with me.” I had no control over what was coming out of my mouth as I sat on her bed.

“Please… don’t tell me it’s over.”

“Oppa…” she whispered, “Please get some rest.”

I shook my head, I was desperate. “I can’t Ji Eun, I just can’t. I can’t function properly without you. I need you. Please…” I felt tears escape the corners of my eyes.

“Rest.” She said again, pushing me gently down onto her bed. Where her hands had touched me, it stung.

“Stay with me.” I begged through a whisper. She nodded and sat down on the chair as I fell into a deep sleep.

I wrapped my arms around her small waist, bringing her closer to me. Ji Eun leaned her head into my chest and I breathed in the strawberry scent of her shampoo. We were on the balcony, admiring the view.

“I love you.” I whispered into her ear. I could feel her smile. She turned around and put her hands on my chest.

“I love you too, oppa.” She meant it, I could see it in her eyes. I pressed my lips against her forehead, wanting to savour the moment forever. Ji Eun looked into my eyes and tippy toed until her face was just slightly lower than mine. Her hand rested on my cheek, gently stroking my skin and leaving a cool, burning sensation. I took her lead and leaned my head closer to hers, smiling. Her soft lips brushed mine once before they molded onto mine.