CHAPTER 23

CHAPTER 23: Task

You entered the café and made your way to one of the empty tables. SungJae pulled the chair out for you and then pushed it closer to the table when you had sat down.

‘He’s such a gentleman.’ You thought, smiling to yourself.

When he sat down, he opened a menu book. 

“Darling, what would you like to eat?” he acted as though he was your husband of many years.

“I’m not too sure, dear. What do you think I would like?” you played along with him.

“I think I shall order for you… three plates of Ravioli!”

“What are you trying to say?!” you put mock anger in your voice. 

He laughed cutely, “I’m just kidding!”

After the two of you had ordered seriously, the subject of Singapore and Malaysia came up.

“I’m really going to miss you when you go for your performances.” You said, with a hint of sadness in your voice. He looked at you sweetly.

“I won’t be gone for that long!” he reassured you, “Remember when you went to Busan and I had to spend that whole week without contacting you?”

You nodded but looked down at your fingers.

“What if you find another girl who is better me over in Singapore?” you said, almost whispering.

“Ji Eun, I will never find a girl who is better for me than you! Trust me, okay” he said soothingly. You felt a little better.

“Okay, oppa. If you say so.”

He smiled at you, touching your chin with his gently hands. “Good! Now let’s eat!”

~~~

Hundreds of people had camped out at the airport to see BTOB depart.