CHAPTER 10

Chapter 10: Presents

Min Ji had helped you move all the presents into your room. You sat on your bed cross legged as you looked at all of them. Although there were only 8 other people at the party, the presents seem to fill up your room. ‘HyunSik and ChangSub still bought me more…’ you thought, sighing as you read the name tags.

“I think you should open the two presents from me and Ilhoonie!” Min Ji suggested, handing you a medium sized box with a smaller one on top. You carefully unwrapped the white paper of the bigger box and peered into the box. Peering back at you was a cute hippopotamus toy. “Aw!” you said, going into a spaz of cuteness overload.

“Thank you!”

You shuffled over to give her a big hug. “Now open the smaller box!”

Unwrapping the smaller box, you took off the lid. It was a small photo frame with a picture of the two of you, on the first day that you came to Korea.

You smiled at her, “Min Ji… you’re the bestest friend I could ever ask for! And I’m glad it was you who I moved to Korea with!”

She looked at you embarrassed, “It’s okay… I’m just glad you like me enough to be my friend!”

You saved SungJae and Peniel’s presents for last. So far you had received many different things from adorable headbands to a cook book (from MinHyuk with a note inside saying ‘When you become my sister in law, you have to cook for me!’). You decided to open Peniel’s first. It was an envelope that was decorated neatly and delicately with ribbons and stickers.

“Happy birthday Ji Eun-ah!” it said on the card, “Hope you had the most amazing birthday with BTOB and made lots of memories!”

You smiled, ‘He’s so sweet.’ And flipped the card over. There was a sticky note attached to it.

‘Ji Eun, I hope you didn’t forget the promise you made oppa when we we’re playing hide and seek. I will see you at 7.30 on Monday night. I’ll pick you up! Make sure you’re ready! P.S. I’ll give you your birthday present then’

‘What promise?’ you thought to yourself, trying to think back to when you played hide and seek. All you could remember was being in a closet with SungJae and… kissing him. You blushed red and your face heated up.  You put the sticky note by your bedside table so you wouldn’t forget to get ready.

“SungJae oppa’s present.” You said aloud, holding the small, palm sized box in your hand.