CHAPTER 35

CHAPTER 35: Unfamiliar Comfort

You sat at the kitchen counter while Emily made breakfast.

“So how are you finding living in South Korea?” she said, scrambling some eggs.

“It’s good. The people are nice.” You smiled, tearing a piece of toast off and putting it in your mouth.

“You and Ji Young should come and visit me sometime! I’m sure Min Ji would love having the two of you stay for a little bit.”

She beamed, “I think I’ll take up on the offer, I’ve always wanted to go to South Korea but I never found the time to.”

“Great!” your face crinkled into a smile.

“What are you two talking about so happily?” Ji Young entered the kitchen, looking like he just woke up.

“Ji Eun just invited us to go to South Korea and stay with her some time! And I said yes!” Emily explained, handing her husband a cup of coffee.

“Ooh, that sounds like fun! Just wait until I have that break off work in a few months’ time.”

“Yay! This is going to be awesome!” Emily said, pouring the cooked eggs onto a plate.

“Oh!” you suddenly remembered, “I won’t be home for dinner tonight – I’ll be catching up with friends.” You said

“That’s cool. We had a dinner to go to anyways. I’ll give you a key later on.” Ji Young said, stabbing his fork at the eggs.

Later that day, you decided you would go for a swim.

“I haven’t had an early swim in a long time.” You said out loud as you changed into your coral pink bikini. You flicked your towel on the green patch of grass besides the swimming pool and decided to just jump in straight away. You felt the cool of the water surround you and as you surfaced, you started to shiver.

“It’s so cold!” you complained when Georgie the puppy came along. He cocked his head to the side and watched you. To keep warm, you started to do laps in various swimming styles and before you knew it, you were warm.

“Ji Eun!” you heard your brother call out to you. “Yo?”