CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 22: Boyfriend

“So what’s the good news?” EunKwang said, leaning over the kitchen bench top.

You looked at SungJae and he looked back at you as the rest of BTOB and Min Ji turned their attention to you. “Well… we’re now officially dating!” You said excitedly. 

“Jinjja?!” Min Ji squealed, “I’m so happy for you!”

“Whoa! About time! Congratulations!” HyunSik said, hi fiving SungJae. “Thanks, hyung.” He said, smiling back.

Everyone seemed genuinely happy. Except for Peniel – who seemed to be pretending to be happy, ‘I need to talk to him later.’ You thought, as you went to make some coffee. MinHyuk seemed a little off that morning as well, but you didn’t think much about it. 

Your phone buzzed. GongChan.

“Hello?” you said, answering your phone and wedging it between your shoulder and ear as you poured milk into your drink.

“Ah! Ji Eun! Let’s go for lunch today? The weather is nice.” He said smoothly.

“Oh! Sorry, oppa! But I already have plans. Can we go out tomorrow?” you apologized.

“Hm… I guess so. But you have to make it up for me!” he teased, “I’ll let you know what the payment will be once I think about it more. Enjoy the rest of your day!”

“Bye! You too!” you tapped the end call button and put your phone back into your pocket.

“Who was that?” Min Ji asked, munching on a bread stick.

“It’s GongChan. He wanted to have lunch with me today.” You said casually, not making a big deal of anything. Peniel got up and left the room without saying anything.

‘This may be the only chance.’ You thought, following him out.

“Peniel oppa.” You called as he opened the front door getting ready to leave. He turned and looked at you without saying anything – he didn’t have to. “Let’s walk, okay?” you said, linking his arm and going outside with him.

The two of you sat on a bench. “Oppa…” you began.