CHAPTER 5

SUNGJAE’S POV.

‘What was she doing with Peniel?’ A flicker of jealousy sparked inside me. ‘Damn it. I wanted to see her today.’      

“Annyeong!” I heard Peniel’s voice through the phone.      

“Would you like to join us?” Ji Eun said, “We’re just at the ramen store near by my house! We’ll wait for you to come okay, oppa? See you soon!”      

I put my phone back into my pocket and started to walk towards the store. ‘Does Peniel like her? Maybe they’re just good friends…’ I thought, having some hope left. ‘What if she likes him? What am I supposed to do?’      

I finally reached the ramen store, and I saw them sitting at a table for two – it looked like they were on a date.      

I shook the stupid thought out of my head and smiled at her when she looked at me. She stood up and bowed, “Hello!” she greeted me happily. I smiled back at her, and brought a chair over. “Hyung! Why didn’t you call me out to eat ramen too?” I asked Peniel playfully, hoping no one would realise I was actually torn.      

“Yah! I didn’t know you wanted to eat ramen, I thought you were on a healthy diet or something like you said the other day!” he replied, lightly punching me on the arm.      

Even though I was the closest with Peniel out of the whole group, we never really talked about girls. He was like my closest brother but even so, I don’t know what I would do if I found out he liked Ji Eun.        

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------        

“How about we go back to our dorm?” Peniel suggested, “I’m sure the hyungs won’t mind you coming over, since Min Ji isn’t at home to keep you company.”      

You looked over at SungJae to see if he wanted you to come too, but he had no hint of yes or no in his eyes. “Um… maybe next time, I still have a lot of cleaning to do. Sorry!” You said, bowing your head. You had noticed that something awkward was going on and that SungJae wasn’t being his usual happy self.      

“Oh, that’s okay then. I’ll walk you home!” Peniel suggested.      

Truth was that you wanted SungJae to walk you home, but there wouldn’t be a nice way of saying no to Peniel so you just smiled.      

Before you were about to leave, someone’s phone rang.      

“Hello?” Peniel said, putting his phone to his ear, “What? Now? Are you serious? Oh okay, I’ll be there as soon as possible!”