THIRTY NINE

Olivia couldn't remember what had happened after the flash of blue electricity

Olivia couldn't remember what had happened after the flash of blue electricity. All she felt was pain. Her nervous system became completely overwhelmed by the amount of energy that had just entered her body.

Peter's voice could be heard, but Olivia couldn't make out what he was saying. He was yelling. That's all she knew.

Her body convulsed as she felt herself shutting down. And eventually her body gave out and everything went completely dark.

When Olivia came too she was standing up in a small dark room. It seemed as tho there was a fog around her. Fear trickled up her spine as she tried to figure out where she was. And then she heard the scream.

It was Peter. There was no way in hell that it wasn't him.

The girl sprinted off in the direction of his voice. Olivia could feel her heart pounding in her ears as she ran.

The cries of pain grew louder and louder. But it felt like she wouldn't ever reach the boy she loved in time.

She didn't even know how she got to this place. It wasn't right. Something was off. But her mind was too bothered by the terrible shrieks that were coming from Peter.

Olivia kept running. No matter how much her body was telling her to stop. She kept going. She had to get to him. She had to save him.

Eventually she came onto Stark Tower. It was as if it had came out of nowhere. And Peter's screams were now unbearably loud.

She had found where he was. The girl bursted through the doors of the building and came upon Peter. Except there was someone over him. His screams were continuous. Each one caused Olivia to go more and more insane.

"Get away from him!" Olivia shouted as she sprinted over to the person leaning over the boy.

The man then evaporated as soon as Olivia went to pull him away from the boy she loved.

She stared at Peter. Blood was rushing out of his mouth. And his eyes focused on the girl.

"You're too late," he said, staring at her coldly.

Olivia shook her head "What?"

"You're too late," a voice behind her stated.

The girl whipped her head around and stared at the man with the glowing blue face. She looked back at Peter, but now he was gone.

"What do you mean?" Olivia asked, "What did you do with him?"

"Did you really think you could do it?" he asked, "Especially after your parents?"

"I don't even know my parents," Olivia stated.

Tears were now coming to her eyes as she stared down the person in front of her. How dare he? Who was he? What did he want? Where was Peter? What did he know about her parents? What is he talking about?

All of these questions flooded her mind as her heart began to pound. Once again she could feel it in her head.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

It became too much to handle.

"Do you blame yourself?" he asked, "Because you should. After all it was your fault they died."

"I don't know what your talking about," Olivia gasped, pain filling her lungs.

"Oh but you do," the man stated, "Why don't you just admit it?"

"No I don't... stop it please," Olivia replied.

"Admit it," he demanded.

Olivia couldn't get her thoughts in order. All she wanted was Peter. That was all she wanted. But he was gone, and she didn't have the slightest idea where he was. Or if he was okay. She couldn't take it.

Everything was so loud. So So loud.

Olivia finally let out a scream.

And then her eyes opened.

She shot up straight in the bed she was laying in. The scream still escaping her lips.

"Hey. Hey. Hey," a man said grabbing onto her.

Olivia began to push away the person. Kicking and scratching at them in fear.

"Get off of me!" she screeched, the fear taking over her body.

The man continued to fight her, "Kid it's okay. It's okay."

However she didn't believe that it was okay. She pushed hard and went falling backwards away from the man.

With a sudden thud, Olivia fell onto the floor. Her eyes finally took in the room. And she could see that the man trying to get ahold of her was Tony.

But she didn't want Tony. She didn't want him near her. She didn't want anyone near her. She felt as though she was dangerous.

Cried escaped her lips as she started to scoot backwards. Her back hitting a metal cabinet. She hit it was such force, tools and small electronics fell off of it and scattered around the cold tile.

Her breathing was fast and hard. Her heartbeat through the roof.

"Stay away from me!" she screamed, holding her hand out to an approaching Stark.

Peter then came into the room, "Whats happening?"

"Liv?" Peter asked looking at what was happening.

"No!" she cried, "Don't come near me!"

"Liv, Liv it's okay," Peter said, crouching down next to her.

Olivia whipped her head around the room, refusing to look at the boy.

Peter held up his hands, "Liv. Baby, it's okay. It's okay."

"I thought you were dead," Olivia sobbed. Still not wanting to be touched.

"I'm not Baby," Peter reassured, "I'm right here and safe. You're safe. Everything is okay."

Olivia started to shake her head back and fourth. Her rapid breathing increasing as tears streamed down her face.

"Oh Liv," Peter sighed, "Come here."

The boy then pulled her onto his lap, brushing her hair back and holding her. She felt herself melt into him as her heart rate slowed. Relaxing she then gripped onto him tightly. Still crying.

"It's okay. It's okay," Peter repeated, rocking her back and fourth.

All the boy wanted to do was comfort her. He had thought she wouldn't wake up for a moment. But something else had happened. And Peter didn't have a good feeling about it.

"I'm sorry," Olivia breathed, "I'm so so sorry."

"Don't be sorry, its okay. You're safe," Peter said, looking up at Tony with a worried look on his face.