SEVEN

Tony was standing over Peter when Olivia came from around the truck

Tony was standing over Peter when Olivia came from around the truck. His helmet was retracted as he looked at the boy worriedly.

The girl felt her heart begin to race as she stepped closer and looked at Peter. He was laying on the ground, unmoving. Part of his mask was up, which exposed half of his face that gave no sign of breathing.

"Kid, you alright?" Tony asked as he kneeled down and turned Peter over.

Peter instantly tried to fight off the billionaire, not knowing who it was, "Hey! Get off me!"

Olivia jumped back, startled. But, she then let out a breath of relief. She was glad that he wasn't dead.

"Same side," Tony stated as he grabbed both of Peter's flailing arms, "Guess who. Hi. It's me."

"Oh. Hey, man," Peter breathed as he began to relax.

"Yeah," Tony replied, glad that he was alive and okay.

Peter let out a small laugh, "That was scary."

"Yeah. You're done. Alright?" Tony informed as he looked at the girl, "The both of you."

"What?" Peter asked, instantly trying to get to his feet.

Tony tried to keep him from getting up, "You did a good job. Stay down."

"No, I'm good," the boy protested, "I'm fine."

"Stay down," the man repeated, this time his voice more firm.

Peter shook his head, "No, it's good I gotta get him back!"

"You're going home or I'll call Aunt May!" Tony yelled as he stood up, "You're done!"

He then flew away and Peter tried to get up on his feet. He pulled his mask over his face, "Wait. Mr. Stark, wait! I'm not done, I'm not..."

Olivia then kneeled on the ground and placed her hand on his chest, "Lay down and catch your breath. You're done."

"Okay, I'm done. I'm done," Peter agreed as he laid down on the concrete, taking in huffs of air.

The girl looked at Peter and then slumped to the ground as well. Laying right beside him and looking at him in the eyes of his red mask.

She gave a smile from underneath her mask, "That was some crazy Superhero shit."

"My back hurts," Peter sighed, clutching onto his stomach.

"Yeah join the club," Olivia laughed as she looked up towards the sky.

A Quinjet had taken off, and Olivia propped herself up onto her elbows; she knew that the two men they were after were inside. Then she saw Iron Man and War Machine fly after them, followed by the Falcon.

"Vision, I got a bandit on my six," Rhodey informed.

Olivia stood up with a huff once Vision didn't respond. Sam then shot out missiles, and they exploded all around Rhodey.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked as he started to get to his feet.

Olivia pointed upwards, "They need help."

"Vision!" Rhodey yelled, "Do you copy? Target his thruster, turn him into a glider."

A huge yellow beam then came shooting towards the sky. Olivia let out a gasp has the ray barley missed the Falcon and hit Rhodey.

War Machine then began to fall out of the sky, faster than Olivia would have ever guessed possible.

"Rhodey!" Tony yelled as he turned around and started to fly towards his best friend. Sam then also started to fly downwards.

"Tony, I'm flying dead stick," Rhodey stated, his voice growing weak.

Olivia broke out into a sprint as Rhodey began to fall even faster. Peter chased after her, but she was already way ahead of him.

She hoped that if she could reach him in time then she could put out a shield and catch him.

"Rhodes!" Tony yelled out as he tried to pick up speed.

Then Rhodey crashes into the Earth. Olivia stopped in her tracks and stood there, staring and Tony who was leaning over his best friend.

She didn't know why, but tears welled up in her eyes. She couldn't have made it to him even if she wanted to; they were too far away. But, for some reason, she felt as if she could have done something.

Olivia felt a hand on her shoulder and she knew it was Peter. Instantly she turned around and faced him.

The girl didn't say anything as Peter pulled her to him, wrapping his arms around her. Olivia had no idea why she let the hug happen. She didn't understand any of the feelings that were coursing through her body at the moment.

For a year she had been alone. Olivia had no one to care for but herself. And now she was crying because of someone she barley knew, and she was being embraced by a boy that she had met the day before.

All these new feelings were tearing at her heart. She didn't know how to deal with them. Her whole life she never really had anyone that she cared for. Or anyone that cared for her.

But now, there was this boy, by the name of Peter Parker, who was holding her close even though he barely knew her. It was a weird experience for her. But it was one that she couldn't decide if it was good.

Everything in her life had changed so much so quickly, and Olivia never expected that the way she felt would change.

Olivia had always thought that the world would continue to be cold and she would just be another soul that was invisible to the world. But she had been noticed and now she was standing here. Holding on tightly to Peter as she fought back tears.

"I think we should go," Peter said, looking down at Olivia.

She pushed herself away from him and gave a nod. She didn't say a word as she walked past him. Olivia walked in silence with Peter next to her.

Occasionally she would look up at him, and she would see that his head was held high. Olivia admired how he handled everything. He was so open with his emotions, but he knew when to be strong.

Olivia thought she was strong, but now that she was being thrown into a bigger world, she wasn't quite sure about anything anymore.