FOURTEEN

When Olivia got home from school, she felt exhausted

When Olivia got home from school, she felt exhausted. Not physically but mentally. The entire day her mind had been going in circles because of Peter. And the little falling incident didn't help ease her racing heart.

So, when she entered her little apartment, Olivia instantly dropped her bag on the couch and headed towards her room. There were two rooms in her apartment and one bathroom.

The room she had claimed as her bedroom was painted white and had a bed with a desk and a chair in it. It was simple and yet Olivia loved it.

She went to her closet and pulled out her painting clothes, which was a large oversized grey t-shirt with black shorts. Once she was changed, she headed to the room right next to her, which was her painting room.

As of right now, Olivia was painting a huge mural of New York on the walls of it. A ladder with all of her different colored paints was set up, ready for her to use.

She grabbed her laptop and began to play her music playlist. The first song to start playing was Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. Which was one of her favorite songs.

Olivia climbed her painting ladder and then began to paint. She was working on the Avengers Tower portion of her mural. It was right in the center of New York and was the halfway point of her painting.

Soon a couple hours had passed and night had fallen. Her window was open and she could hear the sounds of New York mix in with her music.

In that time she had finished almost all of the Avengers Tower, and she was working on the final part. The blue logo in the center on the tower was being painted as she heard her front door open.

"Liv!" Peter shouted.

Peter was the only person in the world that had ever called her Liv. No one had ever called her that, but when he did it kinda stuck for him. And in return she would call him by his nickname, except a lot of people called him that.

He also had the spare key to her apartment, just in case he needed to get inside after a patrol night. Or if Olivia ever lost her key, or if there was just an emergency in general. However, Peter seemed to use the key daily just to hang out with her. Olivia didn't mind it, because Peter was the only person she trusted enough to have a key.

"In here!" she replied, not bothering to step down from her ladder.

A few seconds later Peter bursted through the door. He looked nervous, and that caught Olivia's attention when she turned around.

"We may have a problem," Peter stated, a frown plastered on his face as he gave a shrug.

Olivia put down her paint brush and climbed down the ladder. She then pressed the space bar on her computer, stopping the music.

"What type of problem?" Olivia asked, crossing her arms.

"A really bad one," Peter answered, running his hands through his hair frantically.

He was pacing around the room and Olivia had never seen him in this state before. Peter looked flustered and pale, as if he had just seen a ghost.

Olivia placed her hands on both of his shoulders, causing him to stand still, "What type of bad problem, Pete?"

Peter held his head down, refusing to look in Olivia's eyes. In a quite whisper he answered, "Ned knows."

"Ned knows what exactly?" Olivia questioned, slowly taking her hand and placing it under Peter's chin, gently forcing him to look her in the eye.

"Ned knows about us," Peter replied, "He knows about me being Spider-Man and you being Chameleon."

Olivia let go of Peter's arms as she took a step back, "How?"

"He came over to build the Death Star with me, but I was out on patrol and dealing with an ATM robbery with these guys that had really high tech weapons. And Mr. Delmars ended up catching fire and then I snuck in through my window and he saw me and I had to explain everything," Peter rambled as his eyes became watery.

His voice started to break as he continued, "And I don't know if he is going to tell anyone. I mean... I mean he swore he wouldn't b-but if he does and May finds out..."

"Hey, hey, hey," Olivia spoke, pulling her chair over and making Peter sit in it, "It's going to be okay."

"How do you know?" Peter asked, his voice becoming soft as more tears filled his eyes, "He could be in danger now because of me."

Olivia gave a smile and shook her head, "He won't be. Because he is your best friend, and if he swore then he isn't going to tell a soul about us having powers."

"But what if something happens? What if I can't protect May, or Ned, or... or you?" Peter replied, looking up at Olivia. Tears streaming down his cheeks, "I already lost my parents. And... And Ben. And if I lost... If I lost..."

"Peter," Olivia cut in, taking his face in her hands, "You won't lose May, or Ned. And you won't ever lose me, okay? I'm gonna be right here. I'll always be right here."

He stared at her for what seemed like forever. Olivia's heart began to pace faster as it ached for her best friend. In the time that she had known Peter, she had never seen him like this. She had never seen Peter cry.

It was a sight that broke her heart, and a sight that she would want to never see again. She pulled Peter close to her and held him tight.

He returned to hug and buried his head in the crook of her neck. She could feel his tears fall onto her skin and it made her heart shatter.

Peter had a lot more than Olivia did, but that meant he had all the more to lose. He was caring and compassionate towards all the people he had in his life, but that could end up being his demise if something were to every happen. So, while she held him tightly, she finally came to terms that she did have major feelings for Peter Parker.

And in that moment she made a promise to herself to protect him. No matter the cost.