THIRTY TWO

The next morning before school, Olivia heard a knock come from her door

The next morning before school, Olivia heard a knock come from her door. She grabbed her backpack and made sure to pick up her phone on the way to her door.

She opened it and saw Peter standing their with a bright smile on his face. Olivia returned the smile.

"You look pretty," Peter complemented.

Olivia let out a laugh, "Well hello to you too Pete."

"Sorry, that must have been weird," Peter stated, looking down at his shoes.

"No, you're just adorable," Olivia laughed, "Come on, we're gonna be late for school."

Olivia then locked her apartment door and started to walk out of the building, side by side with Peter.

The entire way to school both of the teenagers talked about anything and everything. Peter mentioned that there was going to be a mysterious date where he did things properly, but he wouldn't give any more information than that.

So Olivia was left wondering and soon enough they were at Midtown High. When they entered the school Olivia felt her hand brush Peter's, and he grabbed it.

Peter intertwined their fingers nervously. Olivia gave a smile and squeezed his hand, rubbing her thumb against his hand.

Everyone around them gawked and looked at them. The girls whispered and the guys clapped. It was like they couldn't believe that Peter Parker had gotten a girl friend. Olivia held her head high and broadcasted a huge smile.

Ned came running up to them, "Oh my God. You two finally got together."

"Indeed we did," Olivia laughed, flashing Peter a wink.

"And good thing too. I was getting tired of listening to Peter complain about it," Ned joked.

"Dude, I wasn't that bad," Peter replied, shooting his friend a look.

"Whatever," Ned laughed, "Anyways, can we please talk about last night. It looked so insane. That whole... Like it was just crazy. He was like 'ZZZ'. And you both were like 'Ahh'."

Olivia let out a laugh as Peter shushed him, not wanting anyone in school to over hear.

"And then I just hit him with the 'pew'. It was so, oh my God," Ned gushed, excitement all over his face.

"You saved us," Peter replied, a smile growing on his face.

Olivia gave a nod, "It was awesome."

She then looked forward and saw Liz. Betty was hugging her and her mother was walking out of the school with a big box of her belongings.

Peter looked at Olivia and then walked over to Liz. Olivia stayed with Ned and watched the encounter. She honestly felt bad for Liz. Olivia couldn't even begin to imagine the pain she was going through.

They shared a few words and a minute later Peter was back by Olivia's side and Liz gave a wave goodbye to the girl as she walked out of the school. Most likely gone forever.

"So, should we head to class?" Ned asked.

Olivia gave a nod, "Yeah we should."

All three of them headed to their individual classes, then they met up in Chemistry. All three of them sat together in lunch, and then they headed off the Decathlon practice.

"Congratulations, Decathlon National Champions," Mr. Harrington spoke as he sat down.

Everyone on the team cheered and applauded themselves. They worked hard for it.

"I'm gonna have to put this back in the case soon, but just for motivation right now at this practice. I'm a little ahead of the game, but we will need a new team captain next year. So I'm appointing Michelle," Mr. Harrington informed.

Everyone began clapping once again and Michelle gave a small smile, "Uh thank you. My friends call me MJ."

"I thought you didn't have any friends," Ned replied, a curious smile on his face.

"I didn't," Michelle stated.

Olivia leaned forward, "But she has me now."

"We gotta go," Peter said, pointing to his phone and looking at Olivia.

She began to stand up and walk out of the room but Michelle started to speak, "Hey, where you going?"

Peter stopped moving and just stared at her. Michelle then leaned forward, "What are you two hiding, Peter?"

Neither of them could say an answer. Olivia knew that Michelle was just giving them an hard time.

"I'm just kidding. I don't care. Bye," Michelle finally said after a few seconds of silence.

Both of them left the room and Olivia let out a breath. Peter turned and looked at her, "What was that about?"

"Basically Michelle knows I'm Chameleon. However, she does not know that your Spider-Man," Olivia answered, "She won't tell anyone. So why are we leaving?"

"Happy texted me to meet him in the bathroom and to bring you," Peter replied, giving a shrug.

"Okay, that's weird," Olivia stated as she walked into the boy's bathroom.

Sure enough Happy was standing there, waiting on them to arrive.

Peter gave a weird look, "Hey, Happy. What, uh... What are you doing here?"

"I really owe you one. I don't know what I'd do without this job. I mean before I met Tony-" His sentence was cut off by the sound of a toilet flushing.

Tiny Mckeever then came out of the stall and looked at all three of them. Everyone sat in an awkward silence as Tiny washed his hands and dried them. And then he left with one final look.

"So, uh, how long you been here?" Olivia asked, trying her best not to laugh.

"Long enough for it to be awkward," Happy answered, "Boss wants to see the both of you."

"Is he here too?" Peter whispered, pointing to the stalls.

"In the toilet? No, he's upstate," Happy answered.

"Upstate, like upstate-upstate?" Olivia asked, her eyes growing big.

"Yeah let's go," Happy replied as he walked out of the bathroom.

Olivia showed a smile as she grabbed onto Peter's hand and walked out of the bathroom, following Happy.

The man seemed to notice that, "I'm glad you two finally realized it."

"Realized what?" Peter asked.

"That you both like each other," Happy stated, "It was obvious from the moment you guys met on that plane to Germany."

"It sure seems like everyone knew we liked each other except us," Olivia scoffed, give an eye roll.

"Well, that usually happens with the relationships that are meant to be," Happy said, walking out of the school.

Peter smiled at Olivia and gave her hand a squeeze, pulling her along and into the limo, making sure to open the door for her.