TWENTY NINE

A couple of days had gone by, and sure enough it was the night of Homecoming

The rest of the week Olivia hadn't talked to anyone. She just completely shut down her emotions. The only one she had confined in was Michelle. The only person who Olivia felt wouldn't lie to her.

Michelle liked to tell it exactly how it is, even if it hurts others feelings. So, when Olivia told her about what happened with Peter, Michelle suggested that they should look killer tonight and go to the dance without dates.

Olivia thought the idea was perfect. It would be a good way for her to get used to the idea of Peter and Liz being a couple. Even if it would hurt, Olivia could cover up her emotions, now that she decided to shut them down when she was around others.

However, there were still times when Olivia wanted to run to Peter and beg him not to go to the dance with Liz. And instead go with her. She never could though, because Peter made his choice and Olivia had to respect that. She had to learn to be happy for him. And maybe after a little space and healing for Olivia she could go back to being friends with him.

Tonight, though, was going to be awesome. Olivia and Michelle had gone shopping for dresses. Michelle had gotten a yellow one with white flower print. She decided to wear some tennis shoes and not bother to change her hairstyle.

Olivia bought a midnight blue gown that had jewels over the sleeves. A gold necklace was paired with it as were some golden heels. And then Olivia decided to curl her hair and put in in a half up style. Her crutches were gone as he leg healed pretty quickly, the only thing left was a small limp and a few scratches.

Both of the girls looked amazing and each in their own way; Olivia felt ready to take on this night and just try her best to have fun.

So with one last look in the mirror, Olivia decided to grab her camera, leave her apartment, and head to the school.

Both Olivia and Michelle started to walk towards the elevator when May started to walk down the hallway, looking in her back for her keys.

She looked up and came to a stop when she saw the girls, "Oh, my goodness. You look beautiful Olivia."

"Thanks, May," Olivia smiled, genuinely happy to see the woman.

May had a bright smile on her face, "I just dropped Peter off at his date's house."

"Yeah, he and Liz are going together," Olivia replied, trying to mask the slight hurt in her eyes.

"I don't think Peter is entirely happy about going to the dance with her though," May informed, her smile fading.

Olivia tilted her head to the side, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know," May answered, "It was as if he didn't want to go. He said something about making a huge mistake. In my personal opinion I think it was about you."

"Oh, that's not possible," Olivia laughed, trying to to let the hope back in.

May just gave a simple shrug, "You should see the way he looks at you. But anyways I don't want you girls to be late."

She then walked away and left Olivia in a state of confusion. The girl wanted to go after May and ask her what in the world she was talking about, but Michelle had grabbed onto her arm and began to pull her along.

"We're gonna be late if you keep standing there dumbfounded," Michelle stated.

Olivia nodded her head and pushed the conversation she just had out of her mind.

It took about thirty minutes for the girls to get to the school, and the dance was already lit up and in full swing. Olivia's first school dance was about to begin for her, and excitement flooded through her veins.

Once inside the music was on blast and everyone was dancing. A smile spread across her face as the two girl's headed over to where Ned was standing. And of course he was wearing his iconic party hat.

"Hey, Ned," Michelle greeted.

"Hey," Ned repeated, "Hey, Olivia. Are you okay?"

The girl gave a nod, "Yeah. Sorry about being MIA. I just needed some time to myself."

"Yeah, I get that. Anyways, you guys look great," Ned complemented, a smile on his face.

"We know," Michelle replied, a smile on her face to show that she was joking.

The three of them began to talk, laugh, dance, and take pictures. Many pictures were taken that night. And Olivia was having the time of her life.

However, she stopped dancing once she saw Liz walk in. Immediately Liz went to where Betty was standing and began talking to her. Peter on the other hand wasn't with her.

Olivia began to wonder if Peter ditched his date. Or if something had happened to him. But by the look on Liz's face, she seemed happy.

Michelle the started to wave towards the door, followed by her flipping off the person she was looking at. Olivia followed Michelle's gaze and saw Peter staring at her.

Her heart began to pound at the sight of his worried face. Peter looked incredibly pale as he walked into the gym and walked slowly over to Liz. Something clearly had happened to him.

Olivia watched as Peter started to talk to Liz. But what shocked her was a few seconds later Peter ran away from her.

He sprinted out of the gym and everyone who knew him watched in confusion. Olivia instantly began to chase after him.

"Where are you going?" Ned yelled.

Olivia looked back, "To see what happened!"

She then dashed out of the gym and into an empty hallway. Olivia then slowed to a walk as she slipped off her heels and left them in the floor.

A trail of Peter's clothes were scattered in the hallway. His jacket, tie, shirt, everything leading up to their lockers. Olivia then heard a door slam shut.

And once again she took off running, following the noise down the dark hallway.