THIRTY SIX

School was super weird for Olivia

School was super weird for Olivia. She had many different people come up to her and talk to her the entire day. Most of them she didn't even know.

Apparently becoming the lead in the school musical was a pretty big deal, but Olivia didn't really like all the attention that much. It seemed like every day the world was seeing her more and more. It was hard for her to adjust to it all.

So, when school ended for the day, Olivia felt relieved. She was also very excited. She was going to finally have her first ever date with Peter Parker.

The two had been together in a way that wasn't one hundred percent official. They held hands, watched movies together, laughed, and have talked about almost everything in the world. However, they haven't kissed since that night when Liz's dad go arrested.

Olivia didn't really know why that was, but she thought it had something to do with Peter. He had been super weird for the past three months about them being together, always going on about how the day they became ungrounded he would finally do things properly.

So immediately after school, Peter was at her locker with the biggest smile on his face. Olivia had never seen him so lit up before, and it made her heart flutter with joy.

"You ready to go?" Peter asked.

"I'm not gonna get to change?" Olivia replied, tilting her head to the side.

Peter shook his head, "You won't need to, you already look beautiful."

Olivia felt a smile spread across her face as she looked down at her shoes. She shook her head and looked back up at Peter.

"What?" Peter asked.

"Nothing, you're just really sweat," Olivia smiled.

"Come on," Peter laughed, "We don't want to be late."

"Late for what?" Olivia questioned.

Peter intertwined his fingers in between Olivia's and began to pull her along through the crowded hallways. Olivia didn't even have time to ask any more questions, and she never got an answer for her last one. They moved quickly out of the school.

Across the football field they ran, Olivia's mind flooding with questions about what was happening. Excitement flooded through her body, the idea of not knowing giving her adrenaline.

He led Olivia through the streets of Queens, New York. They walked the entire way, Peter not bothering to take the train. The sun had started to set early, due to the winter months starting to come because of early December.

The two weaved through the streets, many of the places familiar to Peter. After all, Olivia knew that Peter knew the city like the back of his hand. So she trusted in where they were going.

Eventually, one it was fully sunset, Olivia and Peter came to a park. There were kids and parents playing with their children, owners walking their dogs. Everyone in the park was having a good time.

However, they only stopped for a second before Peter continued walking, leading Olivia deeper into the park. Soon they were under a tree, facing the city and all the tall buildings that came with it.

Under the tree was a small picnic set up. With blankets, pillows, food, and a telescope. A smile spread across Olivia's face like wildfire. Her heart began fluttering like mad as she looked to Peter.

"Did you do this?" Olivia gasped.

Peter gave a sheepish nod, "Yeah, with the help of May."

"Oh, my God, Pete. You didn't have to do this," Olivia stated.

"Well, I wanted to, especially since I kinda have to ask you something," Peter replied, fiddling with his hands.

Olivia felt her heart beat start to increase, "Ask me what?"

"Well, I..." Peter started, "What I mean is... Olivia, will... Will you be my g-girlfriend?"

"Yes," Olivia answered, pulling Peter into an embrace, "Yes of course."

She felt tears come to her eyes, her heart was beating like crazy. When Olivia thought she would be going on a date, she never thought it would go like this.

"Are you crying?" Peter questioned, worry filling his voice.

"Yeah," Olivia answered, pulling away.

"Why?" Peter asked, wiping away a tear.

Olivia let out a laugh, "Because you are the sweetest person in the world. And I'm not used to something like this, but it feels right."

"It does feel right,"Peter agreed, leading Olivia to sit down.

The girl let out a sigh as she looked at the sunset, "So this is how our first date is?"

"Yeah, but there is supposed to be a shooting star tonight, so that's why I chose the park," Peter explained.

"You're a dork," Olivia smiled.

Peter gave a shrug, "Yeah, I guess I am."

Olivia then leaned in s gave Peter a kiss. It was slow and sweet, their second official kiss to signify that they were fully together as a couple. When she pulled away she laid her head in Peter's chest and they began to watch the sun set.

They talked, ate, laughed, and kissed a little more for hours, waiting for the star to fly by. Darkness fell upon the park, only a few areas being lit up.

The night sky was clear, besides a few clouds covering up part of the moon. The buildings twinkled in the night. The entire thing was beautiful and breathtaking to Olivia.

Never in a million years would Olivia thing she would be this happy. Everything in her life was going right, and she finally had someone to care. Peter had been there for her ever since they met. They had been through a lot together, and Olivia felt whole being with him.

She always felt that something was missing, and now she thought she had finally found it. Fate was weird in that way, but Olivia wouldn't change a thing so far in her life.

Soon enough, Peter began to point to the sky, "Make a wish."

The girl looked up at the sky, she watched the glittering star fly by. And in her head she wished that she could stay like this forever with Peter.

But wishes don't always come true.