THIRTY THREE

"Take a look

"Take a look. It's pretty impressive, huh?" Happy asked.

He was driving and Peter was sitting in the backseat with Olivia. Both of the kids looked forward, their eyes growing wide and smiles plastered on their faces.

"They just finished remodeling the whole thing," Happy informed, a smile on his face as well.

They all went inside the facility. Olivia was instantly drawn to the window, where many different jets were taking off. Peter stood next to her, watching with eager eyes.

Happy let out a laugh and pointed to the window, "You don't see that everyday."

"Oh, there they are," Tony spoke, "How was the ride up?"

Olivia turned around and looked at Tony, her smiled growing even more. Peter started to nervously fiddle with his hands.

"Good," Happy answered.

"Give me a minute with the kids," Tony stated.

Happy gave a look, "Seriously?"

"Yeah," Tony replied, "I gotta talk to the kids."

"I'll be close behind," Happy said.

Tony shook his head, "How about a loose follow? All right? Boundaries are good."

The billionaire then gave Peter a playful punch in the arm and wrapped his arms around the two kids. They all three started to walk.

"Sorry I took your suit," Tony said to Peter, "I mean, you had it coming. Actually, it turns out it was the perfect sort of tough love moment that you needed right? To urge you on, right? Wouldn't you think? Don't you think?"

"Yeah, yeah, I guess," Peter agreed.

"Let's just say it was," Tony then looked at Olivia, "And you, wow, you impress me. Even when you are hurt you take even more hits for the people you care about. How's the leg by the way? It seems great. What I like most about you is that your loyal. Wouldn't you do anything for your friends?"

"Definitely," Olivia answered.

"You both screwed the pooch hard. Big time. But then you did the right thing. Took the dog to the free clinic, you guys raised the hybrid puppies... All right, not my best analogy," Tony spoke, "I was wrong about you both, I think with a little more mentoring, you both could be real assets to the team."

"To the... to the team?" Peter asked, taken aback.

"Yeah, anyway. There are about fifty reporters behind that door. Real ones. Not bloggers," Tony replied tapping his wrist, "When you're both ready... Why don't you try those on? And I'll introduce the world to the newest official members of the Avengers: Spider-Man and Chameleon."

Two beautiful suits then appeared. Peter's was red and gold with accents of blue. His iconic spider symbol was much bigger now and he had golden shiny web shooters. Olivia's was still her iconic baby pink, but with hints of a pearly white. The mask was built in a way that was still attached to the suit, but it left an opening for her hair to be free. And there seemed to be boosters on the feet so she could jump higher. And of course she still had her bracelets filled with stubs and such. Both of them seemed to be made out of nanotechnology.

Both kids gawked at the suits and Tony spoke, "Yeah, give those a look. So after the press conference Happy will show you to your new room, your new quarters."

He then looked at Happy, "Where are they? Both next to Vision?"

"Yeah, Vision's not big on doors," Happy answered.

"It's fun," Tony assured.

"Or walls," Happy added.

Tony then looked at the kids, "You'll fit right in."

Olivia looked at Peter, who was looking at Tony. By the look on his face she knew what he was about to say. And Olivia felt the same way.

"Thank you Mr. Stark. But I'm good," Peter stated with a small smile.

"You're good? Good?" Tony repeated, "How are you good?"

"Well, I mean... I'd rather just stay on the ground for a little while. Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Somebody's gotta look out for the little guy, right?"

"What about you?" Tony asked.

Olivia gave a shrug, "I think Peter's right. I kinda just want I continue living this normal life you gave me."

"You're both turning me down? You better  think about this. Look at those," Tony said pointing to the suits, "Look at me. Last chance. Yes or no?"

"No," both kids replied in unison, confidence filled in their voices.

"Okay," Tony replied, "It's kind of a Springsteeny, working class hero vibe that I dig. Uh, Happy will take you home. Yeah?"

"Yeah," Happy replied, "Mind waiting in the car? I need a minute."

"Thank you, Mr. Stark," Olivia smiled, giving the man a small hug.

"Thank you," Peter repeated.

Tony gave a nod, "Yes, Mr. Parker and Ms. Heart. Very well."

"See you around," Peter stated as he grabbed Olivia's hand and began to walk off.

"Okay," Tony replied.

The two teenagers began to walk out of the facility, but Olivia slowed to a stop when a thought crossed her mind.

She turned around and looked at Tony, "That was a test right? There's, uh, nobody back there?"

"Yes, you both passed," Tony answered, "All right, skedaddle there young lovebirds."

"Thank you Mr. Stark, thank you," Peter said again.

"Yeah thank you," Tony replied.

Olivia then began walking again, Peter directly beside her. The two left the building with huge smiles on their faces.

Soon enough Happy rejoined them and took them home, the three of them chatting along the way.

When they got home, Peter stopped Olivia before she could enter her apartment, "So, do you want to go to the movies with me tomorrow?"

"Is this about that mysterious first date you promised me?" Olivia asked.

"Maybe," Peter answered, giving a huge smile.

"Hmm, of course I'll go to the movies with you," Olivia smiled, "But I get to pick the movie."

"Done," Peter said, giving a laugh.

Olivia then stood on her toes and gave Peter a kiss on the cheek, "See you tomorrow then."

"Okay," Peter replied, backing away to his apartment door.

Olivia then entered her apartment and sat down her backpack. Her heart fluttering. Today was a really good day. And never in her life would she imagine turning down Tony Stark. And never for the reason that she was happy exactly where she was.

A few minutes passed and Olivia had made herself some dinner, and just as she was about to eat it, she heard screaming coming from Peter's apartment.

Fear filled her mind as she ran out of her apartment and saw Peter's open door. Olivia entered the apartment and started to walk as she heard the yelling get louder and louder.

Eventually she saw Peter trying to calm May down, and he was wearing his Spider-Man suit while doing it.

Olivia's eyes widened, "Oh God."