SIXTEEN

Olivia was standing in the middle of the party, laughing and dancing with Betty

Olivia was standing in the middle of the party, laughing and dancing with Betty. Flash was the DJ for the night and no matter how much Olivia teased him about it, he was actually pretty good.

She was enjoying herself with her friends. Michelle had stopped and talked with Olivia for a little bit, but eventually she set out to go get food.

"Penis Parker, what's up?" Flash announced over the microphone.

Olivia stopped dancing and looked towards the door, and sure enough Peter and Ned were standing there.

"So where's your pal Spider-Man? Let me guess in Canada with your imaginary girlfriend?" Flash taunted, making a buzzing sound go off.

People started to laugh as Peter's face grew hard. Olivia rolled her eyes and started to push her way towards the DJ stand. Her blood starting to boil.

"That's not Spider-Man. That's just Ned in a red shirt," Flash laughed, once again making the horn go off.

By now Olivia had reached the booth and she gave Flash a hard punch in the arm.

He let out a yelp and gives a look to Olivia, "Hey what the hell was that for?"

"You're being a complete dick, Flash," Olivia barked, "Knock it off."

She then looked back to where Peter was standing. Except he was now walking out the door, leaving Ned all alone.

Olivia then ran after him. Pushing her way through the crowd in hopes of catching up to him so she could make sure that he was alright.

She got outside and looked at all the empty cars around her. Peter was nowhere in sight and for a moment she thought he had ran home. But, she turned back towards the house and saw that he was on the roof.

Once she made her way up onto the roof, she stared at Peter. There was a hard frown on his face, and he was taking off his clothes and revealing his Spider-Man suit.

"Hey what's up? I'm Spider-Man. Just thought I'd swing by and say hello to my buddy Peter. Oh, what's up, Ned? Hey, where's Peter anyways? He must be around..." Peter then trailed off as he placed his head in his hand, "God, this is stupid. What am I doing?"

"Well, it looks like you're rehearsing," Olivia stated.

Peter whipped around and stared at the girl, "You... you heard that?"

"Every word," she answered, walking over and sitting down on the ledge next to where Peter was crouched at, "I'm sorry about Flash by the way."

"It's fine. I'm used to it. Why do you even hang out with him anyway?" Peter asked, fully sitting down next to her.

Olivia let out a laugh, "Because he is actually a good person. He was the one that helped me run away. Once you get to know him he isn't bad, just a little rough around the edges."

"Yeah, I can see that," Peter replied, "What are you doing up here?"

"Well, after I yelled at Flash for being a jackass. I came up here to see if you were okay," Olivia answered, looking up at Peter.

His face then fell as he let out a sigh, "Can I ask you something?"

Olivia gave a nod, "You can always ask me anything."

"Am I being a complete idiot right now?" Peter questioned, looking straight ahead.

"No," she answered, "You're trying to impress the girl of your dreams."

"But what if Liz isn't the girl of my dreams anymore? What if someone else is?" Peter asked, turning his head to look at Olivia.

Her heart beat began to rise as she stared into his eyes. Olivia had no clue what he meant by that, but it gave her hope. Hope that maybe, just maybe, Peter would like her back.

She felt his hand start to grab her's, and her heart went sky high. Was this actually happening to her, or was this some day dream she was having. Did she drink spiked punch. What in the world was going on.

Olivia's eyes went wide as she grabbed onto Peter's hand, and she wanted to stay like like forever. But, fate had other plans. A blue blast then went off, casing Olivia to let go and jump to her feet.

"What the hell?" Peter gasped as he got to his feet.

"You should go," Olivia stated.

Peter shook his head, "What about the party?"

"I'll cover for you. Just go save the day, and be careful," Olivia replied, making her way across the roof.

Peter then placed his Spider-Man mask over his face. And with one last look at Olivia, he swung away to go save the day.

She watched him go with a heavy heart, wondering what would have happened if fate wasn't such an awful thing. But then she realized that she now had a responsibility to keep Peter's identity safe for the night.

Olivia went back into the party and acted normal. She met up with Ned and talked to him for a bit, but eventually she ended up leaving to go talk to other people that called for her attention.

Michelle had made a reappearance, and she seemed to be able to take Olivia's mind off of Peter. Until Flash started a chant.

The chant was God awful and made Olivia boil in anger. It was cruel and unjust. Every time Flash would say the word Penis, the crowd would end up finishing it by saying Parker.

The entire situation led Olivia to walk up to the DJ booth and pull it's plug. Making everything go quite.

She gave a cold hard look to Flash, "I asked you to stop being a dick to my friend. So call me when you want to act like mine."

The crowd then began to laugh as Olivia walked away, holding her head high as she stormed out of the house. The girl pulled out her phone and called a taxi.

It came quicker than she expected and for that she was grateful. Originally she was suppose to stay the night with Liz. But she ended up texting her that she didn't feel well and went home. And when she got to her apartment she started to paint.

It helped erase her anger, but then her mind wandered over to worry. As it had been a couple of hours since she had last seen Peter.

But then her phone rang, and Olivia answered it quickly and felt her heart ease as she heard Peter's voice on the other end. And she was glad that he was okay.