TEN

Olivia's eyes widened at the school in front of her

Olivia's eyes widened at the school in front of her. It was huge, and there were so many kids that Olivia couldn't even begin to count.

There were teenagers with projects, cheerleaders shaking their pompoms in delight as they gossiped, the sports teams all rough housing in the yard, and many other groups that were walking around.

"It's not as scary once you get used to it," Peter informed, giving Olivia a warm smile.

He had walked her to school, and the whole way there he had been talking to her about everything that went on in Midtown High. Peter had told her that he was in Marching Band, Robotics Club, and on the Decathlon team, which Tony seemed to already sign her up for; then he explained that there were many other clubs that she could join.

Everything seemed interesting to her. But, it was her very first day of school in a year. She had gone to school as a Freshman for a couple of months when she was with her last foster family.

So she had credits already that qualified her to be a Sophomore. She had taken all of the advanced classes and doubled up on almost everything, so being behind wasn't going to be a big worry for her.

The big worry was meeting all of these new people. The only person she seemed to know was Peter, and according to her schedule, they only had their lockers next to each other and one class together which was her Decathlon team period. Olivia didn't know if she could be on that team and she had no idea why it was on her schedule. But she wasn't going to change it and get stuck alone the entire year.

"Maybe," the girl replied, "But that's a lot of people that I don't know."

Peter let out a laugh as he started to walk, "You'll fit in fine. Come on, I want you to meet Ned."

The girl trailed behind Peter as he entered the school. They made their way through the crowded hallways. Many of the kids started to look at point at Olivia. Then they would whisper about her to their friends. She had been the new girl lots of times. But for some reason when these people looked at her, she felt as if it was going to tear into her soul.

Peter stopped at a pair of lockers and turned around and faced Olivia. He began to do jazz hands, "My I present to you... Your school locker."

He then slid to where Olivia could see her locker. She started to laugh as she opened it up, of course she had to look at the combination a couple of times in order to get it right. However, she managed to get it open and she began to put all of her new textbooks inside.

"Hey, Peter," a voice greeted, causing Olivia to turn around.

It was a boy with brown hair and brown eyes. His skin was tanner than Olivia's, and he seemed to be a little on the bigger side. Instantly he gave off a friendly vibe.

Peter and the boy did a long and complex hand shake before the boy took notice of Olivia standing next to Peter.

"Hi, I'm Leeds, Ned Leeds. You must be Olivia," he smiled, sticking out his hand for Olivia to shake.

The girl shook hands with Ned and gave a huge smile, "Nice introduction, and Peter already told you my name?"

"Oh yeah," Ned answered, "He couldn't stop talking about you and him working together at the Stark internship and how pretty-"

Ned was then cut off by Peter giving him a  subtle punch to the stomach. Olivia noticed it and tilted her head to the side, giving a smirk.

"W-what Ned means to say is that I told him you were going to be coming here," Peter corrected, shooting Ned a deadly look.

Olivia opened her mouth to say something, but then a girl walked up.

"Hey Peter. Hey Ned," the girl greeted.

She was tall with long dark hair, pretty dark eyes, beautiful tan skin. She was wearing an expensive looking sweater with blue jean pants. And there was a girl next to her.

"H-hi, Liz," Peter stuttered, his face becoming flushed and red.

"Oh you must be the new girl," Liz smiled, "I'm Liz Allen and this is Betty Brant."

The girl next to Liz was around Olivia's height with blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. She looked like Cinderella, and both girls looked to be perfect.

"Olivia Heart," the girl introduced, shaking hands once more but with both of the girls in front of her.

Betty gave a warm smile, "Oh I love your hair. Going for the pretty in pink look."

"Thanks," Olivia responded, "Gotta showcase that it's my favorite color."

"Oh, that's so cool. Hey, since you're new here, you could make a good impression by helping with our homecoming dance," Liz informed, still broadcasting her award winning smile.

"Homecoming dance?" Olivia asked.

Betty nodded her head, "Yeah the Homecoming dance. It's in about two months. So you could help us out with it and get to know people. And maybe you could find a date."

"Oh, well... I guess that could be fun," Olivia agreed, giving a smile and gripping her backpack strap.

Both girls then gave her a smile and walked away. Olivia looked to Peter and Ned. Peter was staring longingly at Liz as he watched her walk away.

Olivia gave a smile and thumped him, "Someone has a crush."

"W-what? No, no, no," Peter stated, shaking his head rapidly.

"Oh, don't lie to me," Olivia laughed, "I can see why you would like her. Maybe I'll help you out."

"No, no, no, no. You don't have to do that," he responded, still shaking his head in shock.

Ned and Olivia began to laugh at the boy in front of them. Finding it funny at how flustered he was getting.

"Well, I don't think Peter's crush on Liz is going to last that long," Ned said, patting Olivia on the shoulder.

The girl squinted her eyes, "And what in the world does that mean?"

She looked to Peter who was wide eyed and still shaking his head, but this time he was giving Ned another death glare.

But before anyone could answer her question, the bell rang and signaled that Olivia's first day of school had officially begun and she had to head to class.

Olivia said goodbye to her two new friends and walked away with a smile on her face. Instantly feeling her nerves wash away. She could tell she was going to enjoy this school.