TWENTY ONE

Olivia began to worry when she didn't get a call from Peter that night

Olivia began to worry when she didn't get a call from Peter that night. Usually he always called her to let her know that he was okay, but he hadn't. It started to scare her. Peter was one to always keep his word.

She began to think that it was her fault. Olivia thought that she should have gone with Peter. Like he wanted, and like Olivia wanted to as well.

The entire night she laid awake in her bed, staring at the ceiling with her phone gripped tightly in her hand. All night she awaited the call, but it never came.

Eventually dawn came around and the the alarm clocks started to go off. It was now the day of the Academic Decathlon.

Peter still wasn't back, and now Olivia was starting to become terrified. However, she still kept a smile plastered on her as she lied for Peter about where he was. Their team ended up winning with Michelle answering the final question.

For celebration the team decided to go visit the Washington Monument. Olivia didn't feel like celebrating; she felt like going after Peter. But there was no longer a tracker in his suit and still no call.

A heavy feeling rested in her heart as she watched the metal doors of the elevator close shut. It started to ascend with a jolt and the operator with them began to speak in a very boring and monotoned voice.

Ned then leaned in close to Olivia, "I got a call from Peter."

"You did?" she asked, whipping her head to look at her friend.

"Yeah," Ned answered, "He's fine. I didn't really get to talk to him because we were going through security and Liz took my-"

The boy was cut off by a purple colored explosion coming from his backpack. The elevator jerked around and then came to a stop. Ned threw his backpack onto the floor, it burins purple.

Olivia's eyes widened in fear as she looked at the purple glowing rock. She shared a glance with Ned, and then with the rest of her class.

"Oh my God, look at the ceiling," Flash breathed as fear crawled onto his face.

"Just stay calm, everyone," Olivia stated, a small smile flashing across her face, trying to convince everyone that it was going to be okay.

Abraham shook his head, "Oh we are all going to die here."

"No, no," Olivia objected, "No one is going to die. Everything is going to be just fine."

"We're freaking screwed," Charles stated, staring up at the roof of the elevator.

"Okay, I know that was scary," the monotoned lady spoke, "But our safety systems are working. We are very safe in here."

By the look on the woman's face, Olivia knew that she had no idea what she was talking about. Worry and fear began to flood throughout her body.

Olivia had no idea what she was doing. All of her classmates were with her and they were all in danger. Life threatening danger. And here she was, the only person there with powers. But they were useless.

What could her turning invisible do, not a single thing. She wasn't like Peter, or Bruce Banner, or the King of Wakanda, or Tony Stark. She didn't have super strength, or strong webs that she created herself, or a flying metal suit strong enough to hold up this entire building.

The only thing she could to was turn invisible and create a shield around herself. But who would that save, only herself. Olivia felt useless.

She then look up at the ceiling, her eyes focusing on it as her brain started to think.

"The hatch!" she shouted, "Open it."

The operator opened it up and Olivia gave her a boost to where she could get up on it. Glass started to fall from the people opening the doors above. Olivia then grabbed Cindy and started to help her up to where the operator was sitting.

Cindy successfully made it through, and then Abraham was next. Mr. Harrington began to help Olivia lift each of her classmates up through the small shaft.

"Okay who's next?" Mr. Harrington asked.

Flash then pushed his way through, "Me! It's my turn!"

"Flash, seriously, what are you doing?" Ned asked, his voice rushed with panic.

Olivia rolled her eyes, "We don't have time for this! Don't worry about the trophy!"

Flash then began to climb with way upwards, never letting go of the trophy. Olivia helped him up quickly, annoyed but still not wanting him to die.

The elevator started to give out. Flash made it to the top of the elevator, and as soon as he was pulled up, it finally gave out. Olivia began to scream along with Ned, Liz, and Mr. Harrington.

She felt her heart drop to her stomach as the elevator descended. Olivia tried to create a shield around them, but it just wasn't working. They were going to die and she couldn't save them.

Olivia then fell to the ground as the elevator stopped falling. Her hand landed on a shard of glass, causing to to cut into her skin. The elevator began to then fall once again.

It was just for a few second and then it stopped once more. Spider-Man then feel through the hole, which caused the elevator to give way again. And for the third time Olivia was falling.

However, Peter shot out a web and stabilized the elevator, holding all of it weight with his body.

"Hey, how you doing?" Peter asked in a deep voice, "Don't worry about it. I got you."

"Yes!" Ned yelled pumping his fist in the air, "Yes!"

The elevator began to rock with Ned's movements and Peter started to shout, "Hey, hey, big guy, quit moving around!"

"Sorry, Sir. So sorry," Ned apologized, giving a small smile.

Peter then began to pull them all up. Quickly they were pulled up enough to where they could get through the glass doors.

Olivia looked down at her bloodied hand for a split second as the let everyone get off before her. There was no way in the world she was going to get off before the last person.

The elevator began to rock back and forth as the metal under Peter's feet began to give way. And before she could even move an inch, the elevator dropped.

Olivia went falling for the fourth time. Everything around her slowed as she felt a tear fall down her face. A gasp escaped her lips as she reached out her hand, locking eyes with Peter's red mask.

Spider-Man then shot out a web and it latched onto her hand, stopping her from falling. Olivia then hung in the air, feeling her blood covered hand dangle and drip.

"You're okay, you're okay," Peter stated, pulling her up.

He latched his hand onto her's, gripping her tight. Peter then placed her in the ground, slowly letting go of her. She felt Ned grab onto her shoulder and pull her back.

"So, uh, is everyone okay?" Peter asked.

Olivia stared at him, wishing she could see his face. Even though she almost died, she felt relieved that Peter was safe and okay.

Before she could say anything to him, Spider-Man fell. The webbing gave out and we went falling to the ground.

Flash then looked down the dark hole and shouted, "Are you really friends with Peter Parker?"