ELEVEN

The first class that Olivia had was English

The first class that Olivia had was English. She didn't really talk to anyone for the whole period, but the teacher had introduced her to the class. Ms. Holly was nice enough, she made Olivia feel welcomed to the class and gave her everything that she needed to know for the class.

However, Olivia didn't expect to get a major project on the first day. She just got unlucky with that. Her first period went by fairly quickly, and soon she was off to Chemistry.

She walked into her class room, and it was completely empty. Olivia tilted her head to the side in confusion. There was no way she was the first one there.

"Well if it isn't Olivia Heart," a voice spoke out.

The girl whipped around and stared at the boy in front of her. He had dark hair that was slicked back, brown eyes, tan skin, and was just the tiniest bit taller than Olivia. And she knew exactly who he was.

"Well if it isn't Flash Thompson," she greeted, walking up to the boy with a smile.

Flash pulled the girl into a hug, "I heard you were here. So, how's life?"

"It's been great," Olivia answered, "Except I have no idea where my class is."

"Well you're supposed to be in Mr. Grant's room. He combined his class with Mrs. Holland's because she is having her baby. Come on, I'll show you," Flash informed, walking out of the room.

Olivia followed behind him, "So, who exactly told you that I was here?"

"Some friends of mine, and you better watch out. They think you're super hot," Flash laughed, putting a major sarcastic emphasis on the word super.

"Hey!" Olivia shouted, giving Flash a punch in the arm, "Just because I used to live in your house doesn't mean that you get to tease me like you used to."

He held up his hands in defense, "Okay, okay. But where did you go? You know, when you ran away?"

"I got emancipated," Olivia answered, a broad smile showcasing her happiness on her face.

"What? That's great," Flash replied, "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks. It means a lot. I'm getting the better life I always used to talk about," the girl stated, giving a small shrug.

He held out his arms and let out a laugh, "It can't get any better than this."

Flash then stopped walking and was now standing in front of the door, "Well this is it. He's a nice teacher. You just gotta work hard. Anyways, I gotta go, but I'll see you later?"

"Definitely," Olivia grinned, "Thanks for your help."

"No problem!" Flash shouted from down the hallway.

He then turned the corner that was at the end of the hall, leaving Olivia alone. She turned around and face the door. Taking a deep breath, she walked inside.

There were many stations set up with projects, beakers, chemicals, and other scientific tools. The class talking stopped as soon as she entered the room.

Mr. Grant, who was now Olivia's teacher, stopped writing on the board and looked at the girl, "You must be the new student. You can take a seat next to Mr. Parker. You two will be partners for the remainder of the class."

Peter's head then shot up from his notebook, breaking him from his deep train of thought. His eyes went wide once he noticed who entered the room.

The class started talking once more as they continued to do their lab work. Olivia began to walk to the back of the classroom where Peter was sitting alone. And the entire time he didn't take his eyes off of her.

Olivia took a seat next to him, "Fancy seeing you here."

"Uh, Yeah, yeah," Peter replied, giving a nervous half smile.

She then looked down at his notebook, and on it were a bunch of complex formulas for his web fluid.

"You're making your own webs in school?" she whispered, afraid that people would over hear.

"Y-Yeah. It's the only place it can be done," Peter answered, shrugging his shoulders.

Olivia gave a huge grin, "That's awesome. I could never do that."

"Well, I'm sure you could," Peter replied, "Y-You're super smart."

"Hardly. It's the first day and I already have a project due. And I have no idea where to even start," Olivia laughed, taking out the packet she had been given and showcasing it to Peter.

He took the packet and examined it, flipping through the pages and skimming over the words. Olivia watched him go deep into thought, becoming entrenched by it.

She found it cute when he became focused. Peter's eyes would narrow and he would occasionally run his hands through his hair. And soon Olivia started to feel her heart beat rise.

It started to speed up the longer she looked at Peter. And then she started to think about how close they were now, and how she was his partner for the rest of the year, and then her mind traveled to Germany. Where they laughed all night long. Which was one of the happiest nights she had in a long time.

Olivia then quickly looked away and started to take out her other belongings in her backpack, trying her best to not let the heat she was feeling rise into her cheeks.

"Is something wrong?" Peter asked, looking up at the girl who was frantically digging through her bag.

She jolted up and shook her head, "No, no. N-Nothing's wrong."

"Are you sure?" a girl who was sitting at the table next to them asked, "You've been digging in your bag for the last five minutes."

She had brown curly hair that was pulled back into a ponytail, except for a piece that hung in her face. She had light brown skin and golden brown eyes.

Olivia nodded her head rapidly, "Yeah, yeah. I just forgot my pencil."

The girl then tossed her a blue mechanical pencil. Olivia caught it quickly and gave a nervous smile, "Thanks."

"No problem," the girl replied as she turned back to her work.

Peter then pointed at the girl, "That's Michelle Jones. She's on the Decathlon team also."

"Oh. O-Okay," Olivia said, turning away and biting down on her lip.

She then spent the entire class trying to figure out what had just happened to her. And when she would look up at Peter her heart would always start to speed up again. Olivia then became worried at what that could possibly mean.