EIGHTEEN

Standing in front of her coach, Olivia gave a broad smile

Standing in front of her coach, Olivia gave a broad smile. She had been practicing all week in order to show her coach what she could bring to the table.

Most of the week they had been working on hip-hop, and Olivia had finally got down the full routine. The practice was almost over, and she was about to preform the full routine for the first time.

"Let's see what you've got, girl," Brian smiled, crossing his arms and staring at the girl with inquisitive eyes.

Brain was a tall, dark man that was slim, but strongly muscular. He had been dancing most of his life, and when Olivia came to him he was happy to start teaching her. Even if she was getting a really late start.

The girl gave a wink to the man in front of her as she got into her starting position. A few seconds of silence went by, and then the music started.

It was very much rap and was very upbeat, which made it very easy to dance to. The words helped Olivia remember the counts as her body started to move.

Olivia's heart started to pick up pace as her body started to move faster with the tempo. She did elaborate tricks, such as a Headspring and an Ariel.

Eventually the short two minute routine, which seemed like forever for Olivia, ended as the music cut off and she hit the final pose.

Deep breaths were taken as Olivia looked to her coach. Brian was smiling a clapping, but it started to fade out as Olivia's eyes focused on who was standing at the door.

Her heart sped up even more once she realized who it was. Peter was leaning against the doorframe. He seemed hypnotized, with adoring wide eyes and a wonder filled smile.

"That was amazing, Olivia," Brian spoke, "Unfortunately our practice is over, so you better run along to your boyfriend."

"He- he isn't my boyfriend," Olivia replied, swallowing the embarrassment that was climbing up her throat.

Brian walked passed her and shot her a wink, "Honey, he's cute. You better make him your's fast then."

Olivia's mouth dropped open at the comment, clearly taken aback by what was just said. Brian then walked out of the gym, leaving Olivia and Peter alone.

She turned to him and crossed her arms, "Are you stalking me?"

"Uh. No, no," Peter answered, "I just- I just came here to... ask you if you wanted... If you wanted to hang out with Ned and I tonight?"

"And you couldn't just text me?" Olivia inquired, tilted her head to the side.

Peter then began to nervously play with his hands, "Well, I knew you were going to be here, so I thought I'd just walk you home and ask."

"That's very sweet of you," Olivia smiled, "So you saw me dancing?"

"Uh, yeah. It was... it was incredible," Peter stated, his face going fully red.

Olivia shook her head, "It's gonna need a lot of work. It was the first time I ever fully did that routine."

"Are you kidding?" Peter asked, "It was amazing. You're really talented, Liv."

"Thank you," Olivia whispered.

For some reason it felt as if there was a lump in her throat, as if her emotions were taking over her body. She looked at Peter, who was walking beside her, and her heart started to tell her many things.

It was telling her to tell him how she felt, but it was also saying not to. It was filling up with gratitude that he had came all this way and waited on her to get out of practice. It was also filling with fear, because she didn't want to lose the person in front of her.

"Liv?" Peter said, breaking her from her thoughts, "Are you alright?"

Olivia blinked a few times as she gathered her thoughts. She gave Peter another look, "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can," Peter replied, a wide smile growing on his face.

"At Liz's party, you said Liz may not be the girl of your dreams anymore, and that someone else might... What did you mean by that?" Olivia asked, her heart pounding out of her chest.

Peter's smile slowly faded, clearly he wasn't expecting that question. His eyes narrowed as he ran his hand through his hair, "Well, I just think there might be someone else out there for me. Someone who has actually took the time to look at me instead of glancing at me without a second thought."

"Is that anyone in particular?" she questioned, slight hope filling her heart.

Peter gave a small nod as he stared into Olivia's eyes, "Yeah... It's someone very in particular."

Olivia wanted to ask who, but as always, fate had other plans. Peter's phone began to play a song, and it was the very certain song that let him know that Ned was calling.

He fished the phone out of his pocket and answered it. Olivia hardly paid attention to the conversation he was having, but she was paying attention to him.

Maybe fate was trying to give her a sign. Maybe it was telling her that she wasn't the girl Peter was talking about. After all, he could still have feelings for Liz. And there were other girls, such as Michelle, Betty, Cindy, Sally, and the list goes on.

Maybe the universe wasn't actually being cruel to her. Maybe it was helping her out. Every time something was starting to happen, something would get in the way of it. And Olivia just wished that Peter could see her.

She wished for there to be a moment where there were no distractions, to where she could talk to Peter. To where she could find out if he felt the same way about her, but maybe fate was right. Maybe Peter wasn't meant to see Olivia. Maybe their fate was to be just friends, and Peter would never see Olivia that way.

There were so many maybes, but there weren't any answers. And Olivia just wanted to know, but she didn't want to hurt anything that she already had.