TWENTY TWO

The trip was cut short because of the near death experience Olivia and her classmates had gone through

The trip was cut short because of the near death experience Olivia and her classmates had gone through. They all loaded on the bus immediately after everyone was checked up on by the paramedics.

Olivia was the only one to be actually injured, everyone else had a few scrapes and bruises. The medics cleaned her hand and wrapped it up, lucky for her she didn't need any stitches, but there was going to be one hell of a scar on her right palm.

The bus ride was quite, with the exception of the quite murmurs from kids talking to one another about what happened. Everyone was in a state of shock, but almost dying did that to people.

Olivia was entranced with her hand, staring at the blood that was starting to seep through the white cotton. She didn't know how long she had been looking at her hand, for she was also trapped in her own mind.

Someone then softly slid into the seat, "Hey."

Olivia instantly knew it was Peter. The concern filled voice was one she had heard a million times.

"Hey," she responded, not bothering to look up from her hand.

"I know this is a stupid question," Peter started as he slid closer to her, "But are you alright?"

The girl let out a broken laugh, "If I am to be honest with you, no. I'm not alright."

"Is it your hand?" Peter questioned, gently grabbed her wrapped up hand and looking at it with sorrowful eyes, "I'm sorry you got hurt. I should have been there quicker."

Olivia could see the tears forming in his eyes, the hurt that was showcased on his face. She knew that we was blaming himself for her hand.

"Peter," Olivia started as she placed her good hand on his face, making him look in her eyes, "My hand isn't what's wrong with me. You saved my life, and everyone else's."

"You could've died," Peter whispered, rubbing his thumb across the bandage.

Olivia let out a small laugh, "Everyday there is a chance I could die. And even if I did die today it wouldn't have been your fault. It would've been mine."

"How?" Peter asked, his voice breaking.

Tears were now forming in Olivia's eyes as she took a quick glance out the window, watching the sun set. She had been thinking about this the entire bus ride.

"Because I'm useless," Olivia answered, looking back at Peter.

Peter's face fell in confusion, "You're not useless, Liv-"

"I'm not like you, or Mr. Stark," Olivia cut in, "I'm not a genius who can make a suit out of metal in a cave or create their own web fluid in a school lab. I don't have speed or strength. All I can do is turn invisible and create a force field around myself. And in the end that won't save anyone."

"Liv-" Peter tried again.

Olivia cut him off once more, "I can't save anyone like you can. Why do you think I let you do all of the dangerous things. I know I can't do anything like that. I'm just a stupid girl who used to live on the streets and the only reason why I don't now is because Mr. Stark is blind and thought he saw something in me that's not there."

"Olivia, stop," Peter stated, placing his hands on her shoulders.

Tears were now coming down her face as she stopped talking. Olivia stared into Peter's eyes, her heart fluttering.

He wiped away the tears from her cheek, "You're not useless. You helped me save everyone today."

"What are you talking about?" Olivia asked.

"When the elevator fell, I saw a force field appear around it. That's how it stopped when I fell in," Peter explained, "If you hadn't done that then I never would have been able to catch it in time. It was like it became a solid long enough to hold the elevator in place."

Olivia blinked blankly at Peter, not having the ability to form any words and make them come out of her mouth. He heart was racing at the fact that Peter was so close to her face, and the fact that he had just told her she helped save her entire class.

"You're a hero, Liv," Peter smiled, "Don't ever think you are useless, because lord knows I would be a complete mess without you."

"I hardly believe that," Olivia laughed, a smile frowning on her face.

Peter shook his head, "Trust me. Without you everyone would've died today."

"And without you everyone would have also died," Olivia stated, "Don't forget that you are the known hero of Queens."

"I guess it's as you said, were a 'tag team'," Peter replied.

Olivia nodded her head, "Can't have one without the other."

They both then embraced each other, emotions running through the both of them. Olivia was relived that he was alive and okay. She was thankful that she wasn't completely useless and her class was alive. And her heart was pounding as as held Peter close.

Eventually they pulled apart and talked about where Peter had been. They discussed strategies on taking down the Vulture. And Olivia agreed to help Peter as much as she could, and that meant that she would put on her suit.

They talked for the whole ride home, and soon enough it was dark outside and the bus pulled up to the school. There were cars everywhere, parents wanting to see their children. Wanting to hold them in their arms after they found out they almost lost them.

Olivia looked around the sight in front of her, watching everyone embrace one another. A small, sad smile was on her face. For she was glad she helped save these parents heartbreak, but she also felt sad.

For the first time in a long time she missed her parents. She missed the people she never knew. Olivia was longing for someone to care for her the way these parents cared for their kids. For the way May cared for Peter.

She watch the two grip onto each other tightly. Olivia felt something inside her heart pull at her. So instead of watching the sight she turned to go.

However, a voice called out, "Olivia!"

The pink haired girl turned around and saw May running towards her, Peter following closely behind. Once May reached Olivia, she pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'm so glad you are okay," May breathed, "I couldn't imagine it if something had happened to you."

Olivia gripped the woman tight, never wanting to let the feeling go. She had no idea that she meant this much to May. Olivia looked up at Peter, who had a smile on his face that showed he was filled with nothing but pure happiness.

And for the third time that day she cried. Not of fear, or sadness, but of happiness. Happiness that's she was given by the Parker family. A type of happiness that she would never want to let go of.