SEVENTEEN

When the bell rang for lunch, Olivia never felt more relieved

When the bell rang for lunch, Olivia never felt more relieved. The entire period she had been trying to focus on Geometry. But for some reason the Law of Sines was not getting through to her.

It just wasn't making sense, and when she finally got to leave Olivia felt that a weight had been lifted. And she set off to find the one person she knew could help her.

Olivia found Peter fairly easy, he was walking down an empty hallway with Ned. She walked up to both of them and snapped their picture.

"Smile for the camera, boys," she laughed.

Ned gave a huge smile and posed dramatically for the camera. Peter stared at her with wide eyes as if he was in a trance with her.

Olivia took more pictures of her friends. Then once she was satisfied, she put her camera down and let it hang around her neck.

"You guys should become models," Olivia laughed, "Also. Peter, do you think you can help me with some Geometry?"

Peter then seemed to snap out of his thoughts, "Uh, yeah, yeah. I can help you."

"No you can't. We have to deal with the glowy thingy," Ned interjected, a broad smile still on his face.

"We can worry about that later," Peter replied, shooting Ned a look.

Olivia's face fell in confusion, "What glowy thingy?"

Peter let out a sigh, "It's some alien rock thing that I found last night."

"Yeah, when those guys tried to kill him," Ned agreed.

Olivia's eyes grew wide as she looked at Peter, "They tried to kill you?"

"Maybe," Peter answered, "But I'm completely fine I promise. It was nothing. Mr. Stark was there to help me."

"You didn't tell me they tried to kill you," Olivia barked as she punched Peter in the arm, "Don't ever keep something like that from me, but at least you're alright. Now back to the glowy thingy."

Peter then began to explain how he came to find it and what it was. He went into details about the guys selling dangerous weapons and how Iron Man was there to help him out.

"First, I say we put the glowy thingy in the mass spectrometer," Ned stated, walking down the hall again.

"First, we got to come up with a better name than glowy thingy," Peter laughed.

Olivia let out a laugh, "You're right."

She then looked down the hall and saw two guys walking their direction. They were dressed in janitor uniforms, but there was a device in one of their hands that the pair seemed to be following.

"Crap," Peter mumbled. He then wrapped his arm around Olivia's waist and jumped behind a wall, pulling her with him, in one swift motion.

Ned was now standing in the middle of the hall all alone while Peter and Olivia took cover. Olivia looked at Ned and shook her head.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on," Peter whispered urgently, waving for Ned to follow the two.

The boy then looked around the hallway aimlessly before shuffling over to where the two were standing. Ned got behind Olivia and looked at the two.

She was still very much close to Peter and had a racing heart because of his hand on her waist. Peter held her tight as he peered around the corner, as if he was preparing to take off and wanted Olivia close if he did so.

"Hey, that's one of the guys that tried to kill me," Peter stated, looking back at Olivia.

"What?" Olivia asked, looking around the corner and focusing on the guys.

Peter gave her a nod, "Yeah."

"We gotta get out of here," Ned replied, backing away slowly from the corner they were all huddled at.

"No, no, no, no, no," Peter repeated, "I gotta follow them. Maybe they can lead me to the guy that dropped me in the lake."

Olivia shot Peter a look, "Someone dropped you in a lake?"

Peter gave a small nod, "Yeah, it was not good."

"Well no shit," Olivia sarcastically laughed, "Let's just follow these guys and see what they're up to."

"Peter-" Ned tried.

"No," Peter cut in, "Stay there, Ned."

Olivia then followed as Peter crept down the hallway. They then slowly walked down a flight of stairs that led to the wood shop classroom. At the bottom, Peter slowly takes off his backpack as the two were creeping closer.

"There's no sign of the weapon," one of the men informed, "And even if it was here, now it's gone."

"So are we," the other replied as he turned around.

Peter then threw himself under one of the wooden tables, causing one of the chairs on top to start rocking back and forth. Olivia became invisible as the two men turned around and scanned the room.

Her breath hitched in her throat as she saw the man place his hand on the gun that was attached to his hip. Olivia backed up to where she is standing right next to Peter's backpack as the men walked past her. Not ever sensing that she was there.

Peter then stuck out his arm and shot out the smallest tracker. It was black and shaped like a spider; it then crawled up the man's leg as they went up the stairs.

A few moments passed before anyone moved a muscle. Olivia made herself visible as soon as she was sure that both men are completely gone.

She crouched down to where Peter was attached to the table and held out his backpack. He took it with a smile as he slid out from under the table and got to his feet.

"Are you okay?" he asked, putting his backpack back on his shoulders.

Olivia gave a huge fake smile, "I'm fine. Nothing like hiding from the guys that tried to kill you."

"Look, Liv," Peter stated as he placed his hands on her shoulder, "I'm really sorry for not telling you that they tried to kill me when I called you. You just seemed so relieved that I was okay that I didn't want to worry you."

"Peter, it's fine," Olivia stated, "I'm not mad. Just annoyed that someone tried to kill you."

He gave a shrug, "Well it kinda comes with us having powers. I guess I can help you with that Geometry."

Olivia shook her head, "No, no. You have to see where those guys are going. This is way more important than the Law of Sines."