FIFTEEN

"You got bit by a spider? Can it bite me? Well, it probably would've hurt, right? Whatever

"You got bit by a spider? Can it bite me? Well, it probably would've hurt, right? Whatever. Even if it did hurt, I'd let it bite me. Maybe. How much did it hurt?" Ned rambled, fascinated by the conversation they were having.

All three kids were walking to school together. Olivia and Peter were explaining there powers, and as of right now they were on the topic of how Peter gained his.

"The spider's dead, Ned," Peter replied, letting out a sigh and looking down at the stack of books he was carrying.

Olivia looked forward and her eyes went wide at what she saw. Delmars, which is a sandwich shop that she would regularly go to with Peter, was burnt down. And there were government officials on the scene.

All three kids slowed to a stop and looked at the scene in front of them. Olivia gave a look to Peter. Showcasing that she was worried about what happened.

"Woah," Ned breathed, "You were here?"

"Yeah," Peter answered, not looking away from the building.

Olivia gave him a pinch on the arm, "You could've died."

"Do you lay eggs?" Ned asked out fo the blue, catching everyone off guard.

"What? No," Peter laughed, a smile growing on his face from the absurd question.

And that was the first of many questions from Ned. The entire day Ned asked them questions about their powers. Olivia thought it was cute how excited he was, but sometimes she just wanted to tell him to shut up.

In Chemistry they had to work on a project, but that didn't stop Ned from coming over to their station.

"Can you spit venom," he asked Peter.

Peter didn't look up from his notes as she answered, "No."

"Can you summon an army of spiders?" he questioned, rolling even closer.

Peter let out a sigh, "No, Ned."

The boy the rolled over to Olivia's side of the table, "Can you make other things become invisible?"

"No, I cannot Ned," Olivia replied as she poured the liquid into her beaker.

It started to fizz up and become a harden substance, which was exactly what she was hoping for.

"Can you create force fields around other people?" Ned asked.

Olivia rolled her eyes, "Yes."

"Oh my God. That's so cool," he gushed.

She then let out a sigh as she placed her head down on the table. Olivia gave a look to Peter who had started laughing at her. And in return she shot her a death glare.

Soon Chemistry was over and Olivia was glad that she had a period free from Ned where she could work on her geometry in peace. However, that period zoomed by, and gym had started.

But, Ned was with Peter. Spotting him as he did sit ups. The whole class had split up after a ridiculous video of Captain America was shown. And Olivia was talking with Betty, Liz, and a few other people.

Occasionally Olivia couldn't help but look over at Peter as he worked out. He was going faster than any other student in the room. And to Olivia he looked damn good doing it. Then she would realize what she was doing and mentally yell at herself for being creepy.

"Now, see, for me, it would be F Thor, marry Iron Man, and kill Hulk," Betty answered, smiling to herself at the answer.

"What about the Spider-Man?" Charles asked.

Betty shook her head, not wavering, "It's just Spider-Man."

"Did you guys see the bank security cam on YouTube?" Liz cut in, "He fought off four guys."

"Oh my God," Betty laughed, "she's crushing on Spider-Man."

"No way," Charles replied.

Liz gave a shrug as she started to blush, "Kind of."

Olivia felt her heart drop at what came out of Liz's mouth. A pang of jealousy ran through her body as she looked at her friend. She knew she had no right to be jealous, especially since Peter liked Liz and not her.

"Ugh, gross," Betty scoffed, shaking her head, "He's probably like thirty."

"You don't even know what he looks like. Like, what if he's, like, seriously burned?" Charles questioned.

Liz placed her hand on her heart, "I wouldn't care. I would still love him for the person he is on the inside."

Olivia wanted to say something, but she felt like she couldn't. If she encouraged it then she could lose Peter. But if she didn't then she could also lose Peter. Neither way was it a win for her.

"Peter knows Spider-Man!" Ned yelled out.

The entire gym fell dead silent as everyone looked at the two boys. Olivia's eyes grow wide as she looked to Peter. His mouth was wide open was he stared at his best friend in shock.

"No, I don't. No. I... I mean..." Peter tried as he made his way to his feet, looking at Olivia.

Their eyes locked for a few moments and Olivia could sense one feeling, fear.

"They're friends," Ned explained, trying to help him out.

Flash then slid down the rope he was climbing, "Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends."

"Flash, don't be a dick," Olivia stated, sending him a glare.

"I've met him. Yeah. A couple times. But it's, um... through the Stark internship," Peter stated turning to Ned, "Yeah, well. I'm not really supposed to talk about it."

"Well that's awesome. Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party. Right?" Flash suggested, stepping closer to where Peter was.

Liz then nodded her head, "Yeah, I'm having people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come."

Olivia's heart ached at the invite. She was supposed to be the one to invite Peter and Ned. She was going to do it right after school, but now it looked like she wasn't going to at all.

"Having a party?" Peter repeated, his voice growing tiny.

"Yeah, it's gonna be dope," Flash answered, "You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man."

Liz then cut into the conversation, "It's okay I know Peter's way to busy for parties anyway, so..."

"Come on. He'll be there. Right, Parker?" Flash asked, passing by Peter.

Olivia wanted to say something in order to bail out her friend. But the bell rang and everyone in the gym started to leave. Betty then dragged Olivia out of there, preventing her from being able to speak to Peter or Ned.