FOURTY ONE

Eventually Olivia felt alright enough to finally head back to her own place

Eventually Olivia felt alright enough to finally head back to her own place. She would not be completely alone as Peter and May would be right across the hall. Tony had tried his hardest to track down and figure out who the man was, but it was to no avail.

Olivia seemed to be the only person who saw him the night she got electrocuted. Peter had no idea who she saw, and May wasn't aware anything had happened until she turned around and saw Olivia convulsing on the concrete.

It seemed pointless, and Olivia felt like she was going crazy. The nightmare wouldn't stop. Any time the girl closed her eyes all she saw was the man standing over Peter's dying body. It broke her heart more and more every time the image came to mind. It had to mean something.

She had to keep Peter safe. Nothing in the world mattered to her more than he did. And if he just wasn't there anymore, Olivia had no idea what she would do.

Sure she would go on. But a part of her soul would be missing. Peter was her family. He was a constant safe place when Olivia used to have no home. From the day she met him he never judged, he only showed compassion and kindness. Olivia felt like all her puzzle pieces had finally fallen into place. And now some guy with a blue face was blowing it up.

The girl stared at her laptop screen. She was researching if any other occurrences like the one she experienced a week ago had taken place. And to her benefit there had been.

Electricity spikes have been happening all over the city lately. She knew it couldn't have been a coincidence. She just needed to figure out a way to track when the spikes would happen and she felt sure that the man would be there if she showed up.

Olivia got out of bed and walked over to her closet. She pulled out the box that contained her suit and opened it up. The holograms appeared and she looked down at the suit in front of her. She let out a breath and put the suit on.

She looked at herself in the mirror. The protective costume glistening as the lights in her room reflected off of it. She then pulled out her phone and called Peter.

It only had the chance to ring twice before the boy answered, "Liv?"

"Hey Peter," Olivia greeted.

"Is everything okay?" Peter asked.

Olivia let out a sigh, "I need your help. Can you come over here and bring your suit."

"What's going on?" he questioned, worry thick in his voice.

"I'll explain when you get over here," The girl answered.

She then hung up the phone before Peter had the chance to ask anymore questions. The girl then went back to the mirror and began to put her hair up. She decided to just put it in a basic braid down her back. She just needed it out of the way.

After a few minutes had passed Peter was now knocking on her bedroom door. Olivia walked over to it and opened it up. Peter was fully dressed in his Spider-Man suit except without his mask. He was holding that in his had.

"What's going on?" He questioned.

Olivia left the doorway and went over to her dresser where her mask was, "I need you to come with me around the city tonight. I've been researching and there have been so many electrical spikes happening. And I know it's him. It has to be. So, I need you to come with me around the city to put up readers. So I can track where he will be next."

"Liv, I don't think that's a good idea," Peter said.

"What?" she asked.

Peter gave a shrug, "I just don't think it's a good idea. I mean Mr. Stark already tried to find the guy and he came up empty. I don't think we should try and seek him out. Especially after what happened last time. And we don't even know if he exists."

"You don't believe me?" She asked.

"It's not that I don't," Peter replied, "but I didn't see him that night. And what if you get hurt."

"So what?" Olivia questioned, her tone growing hard.

She couldn't believe what Peter was saying right now.

"I don't want you hurt," Peter said, realizing she was getting angry.

"Bullshit," Olivia spat, "You of all people should understand why I want to do this. I have to know. These nightmares are not nothing. This guy is dangerous and I need to find him."

"I get that Liv, but..." Peter tried.

Olivia cut him off, "There is no 'but'. I didn't sway you from going after the Vulture. I helped you. And you damn sure didn't care of Tony telling you not to either. So why now are you deciding you want to listen to him?"

"I don't want you hurt," Peter answered. He walked over to the girl and placed his hands on her arms.

She shook him off, "I get that. And I don't want you hurt. Every time I try to sleep all I see is you in a pool of blood and than man blaming me. Something is wrong and I need to figure it out. So either you help me with this or I do it on my own."

Peter stared at her in silence for a while. Olivia didn't want to fight with him. She wanted him to understand. He should understand, and he should want to help her. She knew he would worry and that was the whole reason why she asked him to help her in the first place. She had to figure out what was going on. A feeling in her heart told her a lot depended on it.

"Please," Olivia said, "I have to do this. So just help me."

Peter nodded his head, "Okay. Let's go set up some readers around the city."