TWENTY SEVEN

When Olivia's eyes finally opened, everything was fuzzy at first

When Olivia's eyes finally opened, everything was fuzzy at first. Her head throbbed with pain, as if a drill was going into her skull. But when everything cleared and she sat up, Olivia's realized that she wasn't somewhere she knew.

She wasn't on the boat, in Peter's apartment, or in hers. Instead she was surrounded by advanced technology. Computers and robots where all around her. And she was on top of a gurney like bed.

A door then opened from behind her, causing her to whip her head around to see who had just entered the room.

"Good. You're awake," Tony spoke as he walked over to a desk with multiple computer screens on it.

"What happened?" Olivia asked, putting her hand on her forehead.

Tony leaned forward and placed his forearms against the glass table, "You and Peter decided to take matters into your own hands even after I told Peter to drop it."

Olivia's eyes went wide and she hung her head down. By the tone in his voice she knew that he was disappointed. And for some odd reason, it made her heart start to hurt.

Never in her life had she experienced someone be disappointed in her. She had people be disgusted, angry, and annoyed. But never disappointed, and to the point where it seemed like the person in front of her really cared.

"Is Peter okay?" Olivia asked, holding her head up slightly and looking at Tony.

"Oh, he is fine," the man answered, "And so is everyone else that was on the ship. Even though you put everyone in danger, you also managed to save everyone. So there's a bright side."

Olivia then looked back down at her lap, staring at her bandaged up leg. Tears started to brim her eyes, her emotions starting to show through.

"I'm sorry," Olivia whispered as the tears started to fall, "I screwed up. I just... I just wanted to prove that I'm cut out for this. That I'm someone that is wanted."

Tony began to walk closer to the bed, "You are wanted. Why do you think I brought you all the way out to Germany and got you out of that abandoned building."

"I know you did all those things for me, and I will always be grateful. But... my whole life I had never had something going for me. And then Peter came and asked me for help. I just couldn't say no and let him get hurt. I would never forgive myself," Olivia cried, the tears streaming down her cheeks.

Tony sat down on the chair next to the bed, "Olivia, I wanted to give you a chance. And you are very talented with your abilities, and from what I've seen over these past two months you have worked your ass off. So, what's making you feel like you're not wanted?"

"If I am going to be a hundred percent honest? I'm not as smart as you or Peter or half the kids in my school. I'm not as strong and powerful. I'm an orphan who lives alone in an apartment that you provide for me because I can't take care of myself," Olivia explained, "And I know I must sound like an ungrateful brat, but truly I'm not. But how can he ever look and me and have a connection if I'm nothing compared to the girl that has his attention."

"Olivia you're an amazing young woman, and you are incredibly smart. I've seen the grades," Tony replied.

The girl just gave a shrug, "Liz is smarter."

"So that's her name? The girl you think Peter likes?" Tony asked.

Olivia just simply nodded her head and sniffled. She had no idea why she was exposing herself thus much. But with Tony, it felt comforting.

He let out a laugh, "If you think he likes someone other than you then I must have read your grades wrong."

"What are you talking about?" Olivia questioned, finally looking up.

"Sweetheart, he has had his eyes on you since Germany. And earlier today, when I took his suit, you were the only thing he was worried about," Tony answered, a small smile on his lips.

Olivia's eyes widened, "You took Peter's suit?"

"Indeed I did," Tony replied, "As you said, if something ever happened to him I would never forgive myself. Same goes with you."

"So you took my suit too?" Olivia asked, fiddling with her hands.

Tony simply gave a shrug, "I was going to, but you're going to have to be on crutches for at least two weeks, and you're going to have to take it slow. So I don't see the point. I think you've learned your lesson."

"You're right about that. I feel like shit," Olivia stated, a small laugh escaping her lips.

The man sitting in front of her laughed out loud, "You are actually the only person that got hurt. But you're on the news. The Chameleon is now well known."

"Oh well that's nice," Olivia smiled, "The girl who can turn invisible is now noticed by everyone."

The sarcastic comment earned Olivia another laugh from Tony, and she finally laughed as well. She wiped away the drying tears from her cheeks, her heart feeling lighter.

Olivia was glad that Tony was sitting in front of her. She had a huge amount of respect for him, and she looked up to him in a big way. But she felt a more intimate connection with him. This talk seemed like one a father and daughter would have.

"Well, I feel as if the world should know you," Tony stated, "And I feel like Peter should know how you feel."

"I can't do that," Olivia replied.

"Sure you can, you just don't want too because you're scared," Tony informed.

Olivia gave a frown, "Even though you are one hundred percent right, doesn't mean I'm gonna do it."

"You still have that Homecoming dance coming up, maybe he will ask you," Tony shrugged, "But we should get you home because you need to rest in an actual bed."

"Yeah, that sounds nice," Olivia smiled, feeling happy with the conversation she just had.