TWENTY THREE

When Olivia returned to Midtown High that Monday, she saw and heard everyone talking about Spider-Man

When Olivia returned to Midtown High that Monday, she saw and heard everyone talking about Spider-Man. The school even dedicated a News episode to the masked hero.

It warmed her heart to see everyone falling in love with Spider-Man. Olivia was glad that Peter was getting the recognition that he deserved. And she loved the smile that was plastered on his face as he skipped through the hallway towards her.

"Hey, Liv," Peter grinned.

He was practically bouncing up and down with joy. Everything about his body language showed pure happiness. Olivia felt her eyes soften as she looked at him. Her heart and stomach fluttering with butterflies because of how cute he looked.

Olivia let out a laugh, "Looks like someone is having a good day."

"Yeah it's crazy," Peter replied, giving a slight shrug, "How's your hand?"

The girl gave a smile, "It still hurts, but it's getting better."

"That's great. Are you ready for today?" he asked, fidgeting with his backpack.

"Oh you mean the part where we skip school and find out where those guys will be next?" Olivia sarcastically asked, "Then hell yes I am."

Ned then game running up to the pair, "Dude, dude, dude, dude. What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?"

"Crazy dude," Peter answered, his face lighting up even more.

"It's crazy," Ned agreed, "Should we tell everyone?"

Peter's face instantly dropped at the crazy question, "No."

"Should I tell everyone?" Ned asked, clearly not getting the answer.

"No, dude, no," Olivia answered, "That's not a good idea."

"Okay, come on, we'll be late for class," Ned agreed as he started to walk away.

Peter then shook his head, "We're not going to class."

"You're already in so much trouble for ditching the decathlon," Ned huffed as he turned around to look at Olivia and Peter.

"Dude, listen," Peter started, "I figured it out right? The wing suit guy is stealing from Damage Control. And what he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds the weapons. So all we gotta do is catch him."

"But we have a Spanish quiz," Ned pointed out, trying to keep his friends out of trouble.

Peter gave a smile and shook his head, "Ned, we're probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate, so when we bring this guy in-"

"Dude, you want to be a high school dropout?" Ned cut in, his face falling in disbelief.

Olivia gave a shrug as Peter started to pull her along, "We are so far beyond high school right now."

The two the started to run around the corner, smiles plastered on both of their faces. However, both of their excitement faded away when they came face to face with their Principal.

"Parker, Heart. My office," the man stated, not even bothering to hear their responses before he walked off.

Both kids shared a worried glance before they started to follow after the man in charge of their school. The walk to his office was quite, and it was quite for a good five minutes as the man stared at the two teens sitting in front of him.

"Okay look, Olivia, I know that you are a good kid and you're new here still and it's hard to adjust," Principle Morita started, "And Peter I know that it's hard begin in high school and at this age things start to change, but that doesn't mean that you two get to sneak out of school in order to have a what do you call it? A hook up."

"What?" Olivia laughed, "That's not what this is at all."

"No, no, no, no. That's not what we were doing at all," Peter stated.

Principal Morita raised an eyebrow, "Oh, really? Then why where you two about to run out of the school with locked arms."

Peter's face went red as he looked towards Olivia. However the girl kept her cool as she hid the embarrassment of being called out.

"That can be easily explained," Olivia frowned, "See in Washington I almost died. And it has been so hard to deal with because I keep seeing almost falling to my death in my head."

"Olivia what are you-" Peter started.

She cut in as tears started to flow down her cheeks, "And... And I just wanted to talk to someone about it. I wanted to talk to someone who was there, and Peter is one of my only friends so I asked him to skip class so we could talk."

Olivia was now fake crying to the point to where it looked real. Sobs escaped her as she nudged Peter's leg, signaling that he should do something. He got the hint and wrapped his arm around her.

"Oh, okay, Olivia it's alright," the man in front of them spoke, "Uh, look, why don't I let you off with a warning for skipping class just this once."

"You'll do that?" Olivia sniffled, trying her best not to smirk.

Principal Morita gave a fast nod, "Yes, clearly this had taken a toll on you. However, Peter, I am going to have to give you a detention for skipping the Decathlon."

"What?" Peter asked, his face dropping.

"I'm sorry, but actions have consequences. Now get to class," Principal Morita stated, turning his attention away from the two teens.

Olivia stood up and grabbed onto Peter's arm, dragging him out the the office that they were just in.

"This is so stupid," Peter huffed, hanging his head down and walking down the hall.

The pink haired girl pulled out her phone and looked at her face, "I have mascara running all down my face."

Peter looked at the girl, "How did you even do that?"

"I have always been able to cry on command," Olivia laughed, wiping her face, "Faking emotions come in handy."

"Do you always fake your emotions?" Peter questioned, his voice dropping.

Olivia stopped walking and looked at her friend. What on Earth did he mean by that? And why was he asking this question now?

"Well, I, uh. Sometimes. Well, a lot of the time I do," she answered, "It helps me get out of trouble, and it helps me from getting hurt."

Peter looked Olivia in the eyes, "Have you ever faked how you're feeling with me?"

"I don't think I ever could," Olivia replied.

Her answer was one of the most truthful things she has ever said in her life. She could never hide things from Peter. Let alone lie about how she felt about him. But that also didn't mean that she would outright say it, because that was a slope in which she would fall.